Australian cricket team in Pakistan in 1979–80
There was some original doubt as to whether the tour would go ahead due to financial problems. Eventually the tour guarantee was increased and the number of games played cut from eight matches to five.
- Batsmen - Greg Chappell (captain), Kim Hughes (vice-captain), Allan Border, Graham Yallop, Bruce Laird, Julien Wiener, David Hookes,
- Fastbowlers - Dennis Lillee, Geoff Dymock, Mick Malone
- Spinners - Graeme Beard, Ray Bright
- Wicketkeeper - Rod Marsh
Test series summary
27 February – 2 March 1980
6 – 11 March 1980
- Australia won the toss and elected to bat.
- 9 March was taken as a rest day.
- There was no play on the first day.
18 – 23 March 1980
The tour was Javed Miandad's first series win as test captain of Pakistan. It was a notable personal success for Allan Border who scored over 600 runs, and a disappointment for David Hookes, who only scored 10 runs for the whole tour.
- Australian cricket team in Pakistan in 1979-80 at CricketArchive