Australian referendum, 1974
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The 1974 Australian Referendum was held on 18 May 1974. It contained four referendum questions.
|Question||NSW||Vic||Qld||SA||WA||Tas||States in favour||Voters in favour||Result|
|(29) Simultaneous Elections||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||1:5||48%||Not carried|
|(30) Mode of Altering the Constitution||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||1:5||48%||Not carried|
|(31) Democratic Elections||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||1:5||47%||Not carried|
|(32) Local Government Bodies||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||1:5||47%||Not carried|
The referendum was held in conjunction with the 1974 federal election.
- Handbook of the 44th Parliament (2014) "Part 5 - Referendums and Plebiscites - Referendum results". Parliamentary Library of Australia..
- Select sources on constitutional change in Australia 1901-1997. Part 2 - History of Australian Referendums (PDF). Commonwealth of Australia. 24 March 1997. ISBN 0644484101.
- Handbook of the 44th Parliament (2014) "Part 5 - Referendums and Plebiscites". Parliamentary Library of Australia.
- Bennett, Scott (2003). "Research Paper no. 11 2002–03: The Politics of Constitutional Amendment". Canberra: Parliamentary Library of Australia..
- Australian Electoral Commission (2007) Referendum Dates and Results 1906 – Present AEC, Canberra.