Australian referendum, 1988
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
||It has been suggested that this article be merged with Australian referendum, 1988 (Parliamentary Terms), Australian referendum, 1988 (Fair Elections), Australian referendum, 1988 (Local Government) and Australian referendum, 1988 (Rights and Freedoms). (Discuss) Proposed since April 2014.|
The 1988 Australian Referendum was held on 3 September 1988. It contained four referendum questions, none of which passed. The failure was generally attributed to the open ended and nondescriptive wording of the proposed amendments.
- (39) Parliamentary Terms (not carried)
- (40) Fair Elections (not carried)
- (41) Local Government (not carried)
- (42) Rights and Freedoms (not carried)
- History of Australian Referendums, Part 2 An Australian Parliament report, summarising the background, "yes" and "no" cases, and results, for each referendum up to 1988.