Austrian Zoo Organization
The Austrian Zoo Organization (Österreichische Zoo Organisation - OZO) is the union of the Austrian, scientifically lead zoos, which keep to the international guidelines of the EAZA (European Association of Zoos and Aquaria).
Member zoos of the OZO fulfill in particular the following criteria:
- High quality in animal husbandry
- Participation in kind preservation and nature protection projects
- Partaking in research activities for the preservation of the diversity of species
OZO's goals include the implementation of the European Union zoo directive within Austria, which is designed to ensure the protection of animals in zoos and in the wild.
- Tiergarten Schönbrunn, Vienna
- Haus des Meeres, Vienna
- Alpine zoo Innsbruck
- Salzburger zoo Hellbrunn
- Animal and nature park lock harsh stone
- Zoo Schmiding
- at.Zoo-Infos.org - The Austrian Zoo Database, a non-profit project with information about some 50 zoos, wildlife parks, aquaria, bird parks etc. in Austria (in English).
|This article about an organisation in Austria is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a zoo, aquarium, safari park, dolphinarium, or aviary is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|