|Traded as||NASDAQ: CYRN TASE: CYRN|
|Headquarters||U.S. Headquarters in McLean, VA, USA|
|Lior Samuelson (CEO),
Mike Myshrall (CFO),
Lior Kohavi (CTO),
Sue Perng Lee (General Counsel & Corporate Secretary),
Brett Wilson (SVP & General Manager),
Pete Shah (SVP-Sales),
Eva Edwards Markowitz (VP-Human Resources)
|Products||Web security solutions,
Mobile security solutions
|Revenue||US$ 32.25 million (2013)|
|$ (2.107) million (2013)|
|Profit||$ (9.87) million (2013)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||CYREN Inc., formerly known as Commtouch Inc.,
CYREN Gesellschaft mbH (formerly known as eleven Gesellschaft zur Entwicklung und Vermarktung von Netzwerktechnologien mbH), CYREN Iceland hf (formerly known as Commtouch Icelandhf).
CYREN Ltd. (formerly known as Commtouch) is a cloud-based, Internet security technology company providing threat detection and security analytics such as spam classifications, URL categorization, and malware detection to software and hardware vendors, service providers and value-added resellers (VARs) for resale to small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs), as well as enterprises. Their web security, email security, and anti-malware products are offered through a security-as-a-service (Secaas) delivery model. The corporation currently employs approximately 200 staff members and has its U.S. headquarters in McLean, VA, USA with subsidiaries in Herzliya, Israel, Berlin, Germany and Reykjavík, Iceland. Its common stock is currently listed on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange and the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol CYRN.
The company estimates that it currently analyzes over 16 billion transactions per day, supporting 550 million users in 190 countries.
CYREN (formerly known as Commtouch) was incorporated as a private company under the laws of the State of Israel on February 10, 1991 and its legal form is a company limited by shares. Commtouch initially provided Web-based email solutions, shifting to a corporate security strategy focusing on anti-spam in the 2000s. In 2009, the company expanded its email security portfolio, adding Web security and categorization services. In 2010, CYREN acquired the Command Antivirus division of Authentium to add anti-malware technology to its offerings. CYREN acquired FRISK in summer of 2012, makers of F-Prot Antivirus and the AV engine used in Command Antivirus. In the fall of 2012 CYREN acquired the German company eleven GmbH, makers of the eXpurgate antispam solution. CYREN debuted on the NASDAQ in the late 1990s. In 2014, the company received shareholder approval to change its name to CYREN Ltd.
CYREN provides cloud-based security technology through 19 data centers located worldwide branded as the GlobalView Network. They maintain a fault-tolerant network, enabling their security system to continue operating even with partial system failure. CYREN uses a patented form of anti-spam detection known as Recurrent Pattern Detection™ (RPD). The embedded technology sold to vendors and service providers includes software development kit (SDK)-based solutions for inbound anti-spam, anti-virus, IP reputation, URL Filtering and Outbound anti-spam. IP Reputation IP reputation provides indexes known bad IP addresses that have been used in spam and other Internet attacks. The IP Reputation check on the CYREN website allows anyone to enter an Internet Protocol (IP) address to check the addresses reputation and validity.
Products and Technologies
- CYREN WebSecurity SecaaS: Offered through a cloud-based Security-as-a-Service model, the WebSecurity product is designed to protect desktops, laptops, mobile devices from malware, viruses, ransomware, and phishing. The tool allows for analytics, data, and mining to help identify recent attempted attacks.
- CYREN EmailSecurity: CYREN engines scans and flags email content and attachments for malicious content, allowing for cleaning, deletion or quarantine.
- CYREN AntiSpam: CYREN Anti-Spam is delivered as an embedded SDK that can serve either as an anti-spam core, or as a complementary layer within existing platforms.
- Virus Outbreak Detection: Based on RPD technology, CYREN Virus Outbreak Detection is a signature-less tool that protects early malware outbreaks by providing a complementary shield to conventional AV technology.
- Embedded URL Filtering: Provides several user applications including web security, parental control, business productivity management, and compliance. It is used for Web gateways, network and security devices, mobile devices, and desktop or mobile applications
- Zombie IP Address Feed: The CYREN Zombie Feed provides information on newly discovered hosts that are infected by malware and used as ‘zombies’ by botnets. Data describing bad IP addresses and type of malicious activities detected is provided by the CYREN GlobalView™ Cloud platform. The Zombie Feed data is used to prevent fraudulent activities, decrease bot user registration, hinder dynamic Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks, and supplement Advanced Persistent Threats (APT) detection.
- Outbound AntiSpam: The Outbound AntiSpam solution filters and neutralizes spam attacks emanating from within a service provider network.
- AntiVirus: The AntiVirus solution provides multi-layered detection, using heuristics, emulation, and signatures; is based on a modular architecture, which enables a faster reaction to new threat types; includes certifications from Virus Bulletin, West Coast Labs, and ICSA Labs;
- "Yahoo Finance, Commtouch Completes Name Change to CYREN".
- "Mobile Malware, Ransomware Increases in 2014 (Cyren Ltd)".
- "Yahoo Finance, Commtouch Completes Name Change to CYREN".
- "Commtouch to buy Authentium antivirus unit".
- "Wauters, Robin, An Icelandic exit: Commtouch acquires FRISK’s antivirus business".
- "Leiva-Gomez, Miguel - Commtouch grabs eleven".
- "Kovacs, Edward, Commtouch Changes Its Name to CYREN".
- "CYREN Patent Application - Preventing delivery of unwanted bulk e-mail US 6330590 B1".
- Web Application Security
- Antivirus software
- E-mail spam
- Comparison of mail servers
- Antispam features
- Anti-spam techniques
- Content filtering