|Edited by||David Mandell|
Autism is a peer-reviewed academic journal covering research on autism. It is published eight times a year by Sage Publications in association with the National Autistic Society and was established in 1997. The cover originally contained a puzzle piece, but this was removed in 2018 after the journal decided that it evoked a negative public perception.
The following persons are or have been editor-in-chief:
- Rita Jordan (University of Birmingham, 1997–2006)
- Patricia Howlin (Institute of Psychiatry, 1997–2007)
- Dermot M. Bowler (City, University of London, 2006-2012)
- David Mandell (University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 2012–present)
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in:
- Diament, Michelle (2018-02-02). "Autism Journal Abandons Puzzle Piece". Disability Scoop. Retrieved 2018-03-18.
- "CINAHL Complete Database Coverage List". CINAHL. EBSCO Information Services. Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- "Master Journal List". Intellectual Property & Science. Clarivate Analytics. Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- "Embase Coverage". Embase. Elsevier. Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- "Autism". NLM Catalog. National Center for Biotechnology Information. Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- "PsycINFO Journal Coverage". American Psychological Association. Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- "Source details: Autism". Scopus preview. Elsevier. Retrieved 2018-07-22.
- "Autism". 2019 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Clarivate Analytics. 2020.