€60,222 (assembled, 2011)
|Variants||RotorSport UK Calidus
Design and development
The Calidus features a single main rotor, a two-seats in tandem enclosed cockpit with a complete aerodynamic cockpit fairing, tricycle landing gear with wheel pants and a four-cylinder, air and liquid-cooled, four-stroke, dual-ignition 100 hp (75 kW) Rotax 912 engine or turbocharged 115 hp (86 kW) Rotax 914 engine in pusher configuration.
The aircraft fuselage is made from composites and is a faired teardrop shape to ensure smooth airflow over the variable pitch pusher propeller. Its 8.4 m (27.6 ft) diameter rotor has a chord of 20 cm (7.9 in). The aircraft has an empty weight of 265 kg (584 lb) and a gross weight of 450 kg (990 lb), giving a useful load of 185 kg (408 lb). The design incorporates vibration dampers that greatly reduce the level of main rotor vibration transmitted to the cockpit.
By December 2012 eight examples had been registered in the United States with the Federal Aviation Administration. Most are in the Experimental - Amateur-built or Experimental - Exhibition categories. Also by December 2012 three examples had been registered with Transport Canada in the Special Certificate of Airworthiness Limited category.
- AutoGyro Calidus
- Base model for the European and North American market.
- RotorSport UK Calidus
- Modified model for the United Kingdom market, imported assembled and modified by RotorSport UK.
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger
- Length: 4.78 m (15 ft 8 in)
- Width: 1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)
- Height: 2.74 m (9 ft 0 in)
- Airfoil: NACA 8-H-12
- Empty weight: 265 kg (584 lb)
- Gross weight: 450 kg (992 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 86 litres (19 imp gal; 23 US gal)
- Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 912ULS four cylinder, liquid and air-cooled, four stroke aircraft engine, 75 kW (101 hp)
- Main rotor diameter: 8.4 m (27 ft 7 in)
- Main rotor area: 55.4 m2 (596 sq ft)
- Propellers: 3-bladed variable pitch composite, 1.72 m (5 ft 8 in) diameter
- Maximum speed: 185 km/h (115 mph; 100 kn)
- Cruise speed: 160 km/h (99 mph; 86 kn)
- Never exceed speed: 185 km/h (115 mph; 100 kn)
- Rate of climb: 5 m/s (980 ft/min)
- Disk loading: 8.1 kg/m2 (1.7 lb/sq ft)
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 176. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
- "Type: RotorSport UK Calidus" (PDF). Gyroplane Type Approval Data Sheet (TADS). United Kingdom Civil Aviation Authority. Retrieved 29 December 2012.
- Federal Aviation Administration (29 December 2012). "Make / Model Inquiry Results". Retrieved 29 December 2012.
- Transport Canada (29 December 2012). "Canadian Civil Aircraft Register". Archived from the original on 18 July 2011. Retrieved 29 December 2012.
- "Flight and Operation Manual for Gyroplane Calidus" page 1-4. AutoGyro GmbH 2011. Accessed: December 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to AutoGyro Calidus.|