|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the guide to deletion.
||It has been suggested that this article be merged into Coffee milk#Coffee syrup. (Discuss) Proposed since August 2017.|
Autocrat, LLC is a company based in Lincoln, Rhode Island, United States that manufactures and markets coffee and tea extracts. The company's coffee syrups are often utilized to make coffee milk, which was made the official drink of Rhode Island in 1993. Autocrat Syrup is ubiquitous with coffee milk brand.
Autocrat, LLC was established in the 1890s under the name Brownell & Field Coffee Company, and began manufacturing coffee syrup in the 1930s. In 1991, Autocrat acquired Eclipse, a coffee syrup manufacturer, after which it became the sole manufacturer of coffee syrup in the United States.
The company name is synonymous with its brand of coffee syrup. After the acquisition of Eclipse in 1991, Autocrat continued to manufacture coffee syrup under the Eclipse brand name, and also manufactures a brand named Coffee Time Syrup.
Autocrat has worked in unison with Narragansett Beer company to produce beer brewed with coffee syrup. In December 2013, the Narragansett Beer company marketed a limited edition stout brewed with Autocrat Coffee syrup.
- "Our vision". Autocrat, LLC. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- "Coffee Milk Is Rhode Island’s Secret Local Drink You’ve Got To Try". huffingtonpost.com. 2017-05-12. Retrieved 2017-08-04.
- Smith, Peter W. (2003). New England Country Store Cookbook. iUniverse. pp. 146–147. ISBN 0595253962.
- Brown, Seth (2007). Rhode Island Curiosities. Globe Pequot. p. 130. ISBN 0762743387.
- Dietsch, Emily (December 16, 2013). "Drunk on Gansett Coffee Milk". Providence Monthly. Archived from the original on 24 December 2013. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- Dzen, Gary (December 3, 2013). "Narragansett announces release of Autocrat Coffee Milk Stout". Boston.com. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- "Narragansett Beer Co. Planning Autocrat Coffee Milk Stout". CBS News (Boston). October 18, 2013. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- Simonson, Robert (May–June 2011). "The Milky Way". Imbile magazine.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Autocrat.|