This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Original author(s)||Jacob Sain|
2017 / March 28, 2016
Autodesk Inventor, developed by U.S. based software company Autodesk, is a computer-aided design application for creating 3D digital prototypes used in the design, visualization and simulation of products. It uses ShapeManager, their proprietary geometric modeling kernel.
The latest Autodesk Inventor product line includes the following software titles:
- Autodesk Inventor 2017
- Autodesk Inventor Professional 2017
- Autodesk Fusion 360
- Autodesk Product Design Suite 2017 Premium
- Autodesk Product Design Suite 2017 Ultimate
- Autodesk Factory Design Suite 2017 Premium
- Autodesk Factory Design Suite 2017 Ultimate
- Autodesk Building Design Suite 2017 Ultimate
- Autodesk Plant Design Suite 2017 Ultimate
Articles and reviews
Find reviews and articles about Inventor on the Autodesk website.
The code names of early releases were the names of sports cars and SUVs, because of the love that division vice president Robert "Buzz" Kross has for high-performance vehicles.
Release dates and names
|This section does not cite any sources. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Version||Code name||Date of release||What's New|
|1||Mustang||September 20, 1999|
|2||Thunderbird||March 1, 2000|
|3||Camaro||August 1, 2000|
|4||Corvette||December 1, 2000|
|5||Durango||September 17, 2001|
|5.3||Prowler||January 30, 2002|
|6||Viper||October 15, 2002|
|7||Wrangler||April 18, 2003||New DWG Support for AutoCAD 2004, Autodesk® Express Viewer Compatibility, Large-Assembly Design Performance|
|8||Cherokee||October 15, 2003|
|9||Crossfire||July 15, 2004|
|10||Freestyle||April 6, 2005||Task Scheduler, Inventor Studio, Associative import of Mechanical Desktop data, Design Accelerators, Assembly constraints use colors to differentiate between the first and second constraint selection.|
|11||Faraday||April 6, 2006|
|2008||Goddard||April 11, 2007|
|2009||Tesla||April 16, 2008||Frame Generator, Sheet Metal, skeletal modelling|
|2010||Hopper||February 27, 2009||The Ribbon, New FEA|
|2011||Sikorsky||March 26, 2010||Dynamic Input, Direct Manipulation, Assemble tool, Visualization, iCopy, iLogic|
|2012||Brunel||March 22, 2011||Provides easier ways to interact with 3D mechanical design data; new opportunities for sharing, accepting and updating CAD data regardless of source and complexity; and high-impact performance and productivity improvements for both users and IT departments|
|2013||Goodyear||March 27, 2012||Equation curves|
|2014||Franklin||March 27, 2013||Express mode, Connection, Symmetrical constraint, Slot geometry, Enhanced rectangle geometry, Thin wall FEA, Frame FEA, Assembly relationship folder
Mouseover grounded constraint visibility, Model & assembly simplification, Joint constraints.
|2015||Dyson||March 28, 2014||Freeform, Direct Edit|
|2016||Shelby||April 16, 2015||Multi-CAD, AutoCAD Electrical and Inventor Interoperability, Shape Creation, 3D Printing Environment, Graphics/Visualization/Studio Enhancements|
|2017||Enzo||April, 2016||Part Creation, Shape Generation, Mesh handling|
- Helm, Clay (2013-03-26). "Autodesk 2014 Design and Creation Suites Give Flexibility to Innovate More" (Press release). San Francisco: Autodesk, Inc. Archived from the original on 2013-12-22. Retrieved 2016-11-11.
- Simoes, Angela (2014-03-27). "New Autodesk 2015 Design Suites Drive Unsurpassed Value for Subscribers" (Press release). San Francisco: Autodesk, Inc. Archived from the original on 2014-03-30. Retrieved 2016-11-11.
- Simoes, Angela (2015-04-13). "Autodesk 2016 Design & Creation Suites Now Available" (Press release). San Francisco: Autodesk, Inc. Archived from the original on 2015-04-16. Retrieved 2015-04-15.
|Wikibooks has more on the topic of: Autodesk Inventor|