Automatik Text Reader
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Automatik Text Reader on Firefox
|Initial release||20 October 2014|
2.3 / 14 March 2015
|Operating system||Windows, Linux, macOS|
|Available in||6 languages|
|Type||Text To Speech|
Automatik Text Reader is a free and open source plug-in for Firefox providing text-to-speech functions available from the Mozilla Add-ons collection. It supports multiple languages and accents and is capable of autonomously recognizing the language of written text and activating the respective speech synthesis engine. Amongst the peculiar features, the voice speed is adjustable and the text selection is automatic. In addition to the unique features users will find that the interface is very simple to use; having only 4 buttons to operate it.
Automatik Text Reader has support for English, Spanish, French, German, Italian and Russian. The quality of the synthesis varies significantly between the languages, with English being the smoothest, most natural-sounding voice.
Being a Firefox plug-in, Automatik Text Reader requires Firefox to run and cannot be installed standalone. Also, for very short texts composed of three words or less, the language detector may fail to recognize the correct language.
- "Lee Textos Automaticamente Con Mozilla Firefox" (in Spanish). Retrieved 9 August 2015.
- "Automatik Text Reader on AMO". Retrieved 2015-08-09.
- "Firefox Text To Speech Add-on For English, Italian, Spanish". Retrieved 9 August 2015.
- "Automatik Text Reader". addons.mozilla.org. Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- "Addon Firefox per ascoltare il testo delle pagine web" (in Italian). Retrieved 9 August 2015.
- "Automatik Text Reader on AMO – Developer's comments". Retrieved 2015-08-09.