Automotive industry in Bangladesh
The automotive industry in Bangladesh currently manufactures auto rickshaws and a locally designed three-wheeler motor vehicle, Mishuk, utilizing an engine from Honda. The country has a few large car plants which assemble the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport, Hino bus, and also the Tata bus and motorcycles.
In 2009, the Malaysian Agate group proposed to build a car manufacturing plant in Bangladesh in cooperation with Walton, which itself is preparing to produce motorcycles. In the same year, car manufacturing company TagAZ announced that they would build their third factory in Bangladesh, aiming for exporting. The plant is to be completed by 2012. In February 2010, Japanese car manufacturer Mitsubishi officially proposed to the Bangladesh government to manufacture the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport in collaboration with Pragoti Industries, with a goal of production in 2011.
Automobile companies in Bangladesh
- Uttara Motors Ltd
- Nitol Motors Ltd.
- S.R MOTORS Ltd.
- AKIJ MOTORS
- Bangladesh Machine Tools Factory
- Aftab Automobiles
- TVS Auto Bangladesh Limited
- HS Enterprise
- TATA Motors Bangladesh.(JV with Nitol-Niloy).
- Atlas Bangladesh Ltd.
- Walton Hi-Tech Industries Limited
- Runner Automobiles
- Singer Bangladesh Limited.
- Bangladesh Honda Private Limited
- Rangs Motor's Ltd
- "Pragoti Industries Ltd.". Bangladesh Steel and Engineering Corporation (BSEC). Archived from the original on 2013-02-20. Retrieved 2013-05-31.
- "Malaysian group intends to build car plant". The Daily Star. 2009-09-01.
- "Bangladesh to become carmaker". The Daily Star. 2009-10-13. Retrieved 2012-09-21.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Automobile manufacturers by country.|