Autonomous University of Queretaro
|Universidad Autónoma de Querétaro|
|Universidad de Querétaro (University of Querétaro)|
|Motto||Spanish: Educo en la verdad y en el honor |
|Established||25 February 1951|
|Location||Santiago de Querétaro, Querétaro, Mexico
|Campus||Several across the state; mostly urban.|
|Colors||White and light blue|
The Autonomous University of Queretaro (in Spanish: Universidad Autónoma de Querétaro, UAQ) is a Mexican public university based in the city of Santiago de Querétaro, Querétaro, but with campuses around the state. The main campus is located in Cerro de las Campanas, but there are campuses in Amealco, Amazcala, Cadereyta, Corregidora, Jalpan, Juriquilla, San Juan del Río, and Tequisquiapan.
The University of Queretaro (now the Autonomous University of Queretaro) was founded in 1951 after the closing of the Civil School. Octavio S. Mondragón, then Governor of Querétaro, helped found the university, in the form of a High School, Law School, and Engineering School. In 1952, the School of Chemistry and the School of Nursing were formed. In 1953, the Institute of Fine Arts was formed, and in 1954 the School of Commerce began.
On February 5, 1959, the university was declared autonomous. In 1967 the School of Psychology and the School of Modern Languages were created. The Cerro de las Campanas Campus became the main campus in December 1973. In 1978, the School of Medicine was founded; in 1984, Sociology; 1985, Veterinary; in 1978, both the School of Informatics (Computer Science) and the School of Philosophy. In 2010 the University opened its new Language Learning Facilities on the grounds of the old Ing. Fernando Espinoza Gutiérrez International Airport.
- Escuela de Bachilleres (High School)
- Contability and Administration College
- Chemistry College
- Engineering College
- Fine Arts College
- Informatics College
- Languages and Letters College
- Laws College
- Medicine College
- Naturals Sciences College
- Nursing College
- Philosophy College
- Politics and Social Sciences College
- Psychology College
- "Nuestras universidades afiliadas: Universidad Autónoma de Querétaro" (in Spanish). ANUIES. May 2000. Archived from the original on 27 August 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-16.
- "Historia". UAQ.com. Archived from the original on 5 January 2010. Retrieved January 21, 2010.
- "Oferta educativa" (in Spanish). UAQ. Archived from the original on 6 April 2010. Retrieved April 14, 2010.
|This article on a university, college or other tertiary educational institution in Mexico is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|