From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Autonomous region is a designation for some types of autonomous administrative divisions.
- Autonomous regions of China
- Autonomous regions of India
- Iraqi Kurdistan
- Syrian Kurdistan or Rojava
- The five "autonomous regions with special statute" in Italy: Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol, Sicily, Sardinia, Aosta Valley, and Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Autonomous regions of Portugal: the Azores and Madeira
- North Caribbean Coast Autonomous Region (RACCN) and South Caribbean Coast Autonomous Region (RACCS) in Nicaragua.
- Autonomous Region of Bougainville in Papua New Guinea
- Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao in the Philippines
- Autonomous Province of Vojvodina in Serbia
- Autonomous Province of Kosovo and Metohija in Serbia
Designations for types of administrative territorial entities