This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2020)
|Autorité des marchés financiers|
|Formed||1 August 2003|
The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) (English: "Financial Markets Authority") is the stock market regulator in France. The AMF is an independent public body that is responsible for safeguarding investments in financial instruments and in all other savings and investment, as well as maintaining orderly financial markets.
The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) was established by the Financial Security Act of 1 August 2003. It was formed from the merger of the Commission des opérations de bourse (COB), the Conseil des marchés financiers (CMF) and the Conseil de discipline de la gestion financière (CDGF). The AMF is an independent public body with legal personality and financial autonomy, with the duty of:
- Safeguard investments in financial instruments and in all other savings and investment vehicles
- Ensure that investors receive material information
- Maintain orderly financial markets
It falls under the European regulatory umbrella of the Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MiFID).
Shareholders are required to notify their holdings to the AMF when their stake exceeds or falls below certain thresholds. According to the act of 26 July 2005 the lowest disclosure threshold is 5% (article l. 233-7 of the commercial code). Pursuant, the same article allows that companies can set additional notification thresholds in their articles of association. In July 2012, after Jacques Delmas-Marsalet took on the interim presidency of the AMF, the competent parliamentary committees gave the green light to the appointment of Gérard Rameix as head of the AMF, replacing Jean-Pierre Jouyet. He was appointed Chairman of the AMF by a decree dated August 1.
- French AMF what we do
- French reporting obligations relating to equity investments, archived from the original on 2012-11-29
- AMF : feu vert du Parlement pour Rameix - Le Figaro, 25 juillet 2012
- Décret du 1er août 2012 portant nomination du président de l'Autorité des marchés financiers - M. Rameix (Gérard) - Journal officiel, 3 août 2012