|• Mayor (2008–2020)||Francis Garcis|
|Area1||3.55 km2 (1.37 sq mi)|
|• Density||230/km2 (600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|INSEE/Postal code||02041 /02300|
|Elevation||42–68 m (138–223 ft)
(avg. 64 m or 210 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
Autreville is located 3 km south by south-east of Chauny and 20 km east of Noyon. It can be accessed by the D937 road coming south from Chauny through the heart of the commune and the village and continuing south to Pierremande. The D6 road goes west from the D937 north of the village to Manicamp and the D7 goes east from the D937 to Sinceny. The urban area of Sinceny extends west into the commune in the north. Apart from the urban areas and small forests in the north, west, and south, the commune is entirely farmland.
The Oise river passes to the north of the commune and the Canal Saint-Lazare branches off it and through the north of the commune. The Ruisseau de Marizelle forms the northern border of the commune passing under the canal.
In 1836 the commune of Sinceny-Autreville was divided into two parts. The hamlet of Autreville in the former commune became an independent commune.
List of Successive Mayors of Autreville
(Not all data is known)
In 2010 the commune had 822 inhabitants. The evolution of the number of inhabitants is known through the population censuses conducted in the commune since 1836. From the 21st century, a census of municipalities with fewer than 10,000 inhabitants is held every five years, unlike larger towns that have a sample survey every year.[Note 1]
Before the split into two communes in 1836 the population count from 1793 for Autreville was included in that of Sinceny-Autreville commune.
- Autreville on the old IGN website (French)
- 40000 Bell Towers website (French)
- Autreville on Lion1906
- Autreville on Google Maps
- Autreville on Géoportail, National Geographic Institute (IGN) website (French)
- Autreville on the 1750 Cassini Map
- Autreville on the INSEE website (French)
- INSEE (French)
Notes and references
- At the beginning of the 21st century, the methods of identification have been modified by law No. 2002-276 of 27 February 2002 , the so-called "law of local democracy" and in particular Title V "census operations" which allow, after a transitional period running from 2004 to 2008, the annual publication of the legal population of the different French administrative districts. For municipalities with a population greater than 10,000 inhabitants, a sample survey is conducted annually, the entire territory of these municipalities is taken into account at the end of the period of five years. The first "legal population" after 1999 under this new law came into force on 1 January 2009 and was based on the census of 2006.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Autreville (Aisne).|