The church in Auxant
|Intercommunality||CC Pouilly-en-Auxois Bligny-sur-Ouche|
|• Mayor (2014-2020)||Jean-Paul Giboulot|
|5.56 km2 (2.15 sq mi)|
|• Density||13/km2 (35/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||365–470 m (1,198–1,542 ft) |
(avg. 395 m or 1,296 ft)
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
Auxant is located some 20 km north-west of Beaune and 12 km east of Arnay-le-Duc. Access to the commune is by the D 970 road from Sainte-Sabine in the north which passes through the centre of the commune east of the village and continues south-east to Bligny-sur-Ouche. The D 17 road from Antigny-le-Château in the west passes through the south of the commune and joins the D 970 to the south-east. Access to the village is by local roads from the D 970 and from the south. There are large forests in the north-west of the commune (the Forêt d'Auxant and the Bois Fein) with the rest of the commune farmland.
The Eclin river flows through the commune from north-west to south-east and continues to join the Ouche at Bligny-sur-Ouche. The Ruisseau de Navelan rises in the north-east of the commune and flows south-west to join the Eclin near the village.
The church dates to 1830, the same year as three Wayside Crosses and a Cemetery Cross.
List of Successive Mayors
(Not all data is known)
In 2010 the commune had 71 inhabitants. The evolution of the number of inhabitants is known from the population censuses conducted in the commune since 1793. From the 21st century, a census of communes with fewer than 10,000 inhabitants is held every five years, unlike larger communes that have a sample survey every year.[Note 1]
- Auxant on the old IGN website (in French)
- Auxant on Lion1906
- Auxant on Google Maps
- Auxant on Géoportail, National Geographic Institute (IGN) website (in French)
- Aussan on the 1750 Cassini Map
- Auxant on the INSEE website (in French)
- INSEE (in French)
Notes and references
- At the beginning of the 21st century, the methods of identification have been modified by Law No. 2002-276 of 27 February 2002 Archived 6 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine, the so-called "law of local democracy" and in particular Title V "census operations" allows, after a transitional period running from 2004 to 2008, the annual publication of the legal population of the different French administrative districts. For communes with a population greater than 10,000 inhabitants, a sample survey is conducted annually, the entire territory of these communes is taken into account at the end of the period of five years. The first "legal population" after 1999 under this new law came into force on 1 January 2009 and was based on the census of 2006.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Auxant.|