|Time zone||IRST (UTC+3:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||IRDT (UTC+4:30)|
Avajiq (Persian: آواجيق; Turkish: Avacık; formerly, Arab Dizaj (Persian: عرب دیزج), also Romanized as ‘Arab Dīzaj, and ‘Arab-e Dīzaj; also known as Arāb Dizeh, ‘Arab-e Dīzehsī, and ‘Arab Dizehsī) is a city in and the capital of Dashtaki District, in Chaldoran County, West Azerbaijan Province, Iran. At the 2006 census, its population was 1,649, in 377 families. It lies near the Turkish border, some 25 kilometres (16 mi) south of Doğubeyazıt. It is the westernmost city in Iran.
Formerly it was the seat of the Persian "Warden of the Marches" for the Turkish border.
- Avajiq can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "-3053496" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)". Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original (Excel) on 2011-11-11.
- Browne, Edward Granville (1893) A year amongst the Persians; impressions as to the life, character, and thought of the people of Persia, received during twelve month's residence in that country in the years 1887-8 Adam and Charles Black, London, pp. 47-48, OCLC 1510179
- "'Arab Dizaj, Iran" Falling Rain Genomics, Inc.
- "`Arab Dizaj Map — Satellite Images of `Arab Dizaj" Maplandia
- "تصویب طرح هادی آواجیق چالدران", in Persian (Farsi)
|This Chaldoran County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|