|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Do what you love. Leave the taxes to us.
|Limited Liability Company|
|Industry||Transaction Tax Automation|
|Headquarters||Seattle, WA, USA|
Number of locations
|Services||Sales Tax Management Services
Transactional Tax Automation
Avalara, Inc. is a privately held company with headquarters in Seattle, WA. Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales tax, excise tax, communications tax, and other tax types.
Marketplace Fairness Act
Passed by the U.S. Senate in May 2013, The Marketplace Fairness Act would enable state governments to collect sales and use taxes from remote retailers with no physical presence in their state. Avalara has taken no official stance on the legislation.
- Jenkins, Taija. "Avalara Announces Acquisition of UPC Matrix Master" cpapracticeadvisor.com. 10 Jan. 2013. <http://www.cpapracticeadvisor.com/news/10851467/avalara-announces-acquisition-of-upc-matrix-master>.
- "Certified Service Providers." Streamlined Sales Tax. Streamlined Sales Tax Governing Board, Inc, Retrieved 23 Sep. 2013. <http://www.streamlinedsalestax.org/index.php?page=certified-service-providers>.
- "Fast-growing Avalara scores $7 million to cash out early investors" GeekWire.com. 12 Sep. 2011. <http://www.geekwire.com/2011/fastgrowing-avalara-scores-7m-cash-early-investors>.
- "Sales tax automation ace Avalara recharges with $20 million round led by Battery Ventures" GeekWire.com. 27 Jun. 2012. <http://www.geekwire.com/2012/sales-tax-collection-ace-avalara-recharges-20m-led-battery-ventures/>.
- "Avalara Acquires UPC Matrix Master™" accountingweb.com. 10 Jan. 2013. <http://www.accountingweb.com/press/avalara-acquires-upc-matrix-master%E2%84%A2>.
- "Avalara Buys Exemption Certificate Manager" accountingtoday.com. 4 Feb. 2013. <http://www.accountingtoday.com/accounting-technology/news/avalara-buys-exemption-certificate-manager65588-1.html>
|This United States software corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|