Avalon Independent School District
|Avalon Independent School District|
|104 FM 55|
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||24.39 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||13.61 (2009-10)|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Recognized|
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $33,437,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.117 and the bond tax rate was $0.007 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Thirty-five percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Recognized
- 2007: Recognized
- 2006: Recognized
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
There is only one school in Avalon ISD, Avalon School, which serves students from Pre-K through twelfth grade.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Avalon ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|