|Founded||April 4, 2000|
|Founder||Accenture and Microsoft|
|Pamela Maynard (CEO)|
|Services||Digital marketing, IT services, IT consulting|
|Revenue||US$ 2.0+ billion (2016 fiscal)|
Number of employees
Avanade (//) is a global professional services company providing IT consulting and services focused on the Microsoft platform with artificial intelligence, business analytics, cloud, application services, digital transformation, modern workplace, security services, technology and managed services offerings. Headquartered in Seattle, the company has 36,000 professionals in 24 countries. Avanade serves 34% of the Fortune 500 and 46% of the Fortune Global 500.
Avanade was formed on April 4, 2000, as a joint venture between Accenture (formerly Andersen Consulting) and Microsoft, and today is majority-owned by Accenture. The companies maintain the Accenture-Avanade-Microsoft alliance to combine Accenture's consulting expertise with Microsoft's scalable cloud and mobile technologies. Avanade and Accenture have been recognized as the Microsoft Alliance Partner of the Year 14 times, most recently in 2018 for the 11th year in a row.
Mitch Hill, a former senior partner at Andersen Consulting, was the founding CEO until August 31, 2008. Adam Warby has held the position from September 1, 2008 to August 31, 2019. On June 6, 2019, Avanade’s board of directors appointed Pamela Maynard to succeed Adam Warby as CEO on September 1, 2019.  Pamela Maynard has held many leadership roles at Avanade over her tenure, most recently President of Product and Innovation.
To date, Avanade has acquired a number of companies to expand offerings and market share.
|1||March 3, 2003||DCG||Online business consulting and integration||Australia||—|||
|2||May 27, 2003||G.A. Sullivan||Information technology||United States||—|||
|3||May 2, 2005||en’tegrat||Microsoft Dynamics specialists||Australia||—|||
|4||November 2, 2007||HOB||Consulting firm||Denmark||—|||
|5||June 4, 2008||Quadreon||Microsoft Dynamics specialists||Belgium||—|||
|6||May 18, 2010||Ascentium Corporation||Microsoft Dynamics specialists||United States||—|||
|7||October 5, 2011||ECONNEX AG||Microsoft Dynamics specialists||Germany||—|||
|8||December 18, 2012||Azaleos||Managed messaging, collaboration & unified communications services||United States||—|||
|9||April 28, 2015||KCS.net||Information technology||Switzerland||—|||
|10||August 3, 2015||CloudTalent||Strategic cloud advisory||United Kingdom||—|||
|11||February 28, 2017||Infusion||Software engineering and design||United States||—|||
|12||August 14, 2018||Loud & Clear||Technology and experience design||Australia||—|||
|13||September 24, 2019||Alnamic AG||Microsoft Dynamics 365 and AX specialists||Germany||—|||
- In 2005, Avanade acquired Chicago-based en’tegrate, a services firm specializing in Microsoft AX deployments.
- In 2007, Avanade acquired Copenhagen-based HOB Business Solutions, a services firm specializing in Microsoft Dynamics AX solutions.
- In 2008, Avanade acquired Ghent, Belgium-based Quadreon, a services firm specializing in Microsoft Dynamics AX solutions.
- In 2010, Avanade acquired the US portion of the CRM practice from Ascentium, a US-based consulting firm.
- In 2011, Avanade acquired Kiel-based eCONNEX AG, a services firm specializing in Microsoft Dynamics CRM solutions.
- In 2012, Avanade acquired Azaleos, a Seattle-based American corporation specializing in managed messaging, collaboration and unified communications services for Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Lync and Blackberry Enterprise Server.
- In 2015, Avanade acquired KCS.net, one of the largest Microsoft Dynamics ERP partners in Germany, Switzerland and Austria, a leading Microsoft Dynamics CRM partner and has a fast growing Microsoft SharePoint business.
- In 2015, Avanade acquired CloudTalent, a strategic infrastructure and cloud advisory business headquartered in the United Kingdom 
- In 2017, Avanade acquired Infusion Development, a consulting services firm focused on digital transformation, application modernization, and cloud-scale solutions.
- In 2018, Avanade acquired Loud & Clear, an independent enterprise technology and experience design agency headquartered in Melbourne 
- In 2019, Avanade acquired Alnamic AG, a specialist in Microsoft Dynamics 365 and AX solutions for German industries 
Avanade operates its business in more than 70 cities across North America, Europe, Asia, South America, and the Pacific.
India (IDC), China (CDC) and the Philippines (PDC) supply Avanade with offshore consultants housed in parent company Accenture's delivery centers. Overall, these offshore workers comprise over 40% of Avanade's total workforce. Avanade relies heavily on offshore workers in India, China and other developing countries to help their customers reduce costs.
Avanade began filing financial reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission in 2006, a requirement for publicly traded companies. Alternatively, filings must be made when the number of security holders exceeded 500, which at the time, Avanade had over 1,100. As of July 1, 2008, Avanade is no longer required to file financial reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission as it has unregistered all securities.
Avanade's business model is heavily dependent on Accenture. Nearly 65% Avanade's revenue comes from Accenture, primarily by serving as a subcontractor to Accenture. In fiscal year 2007, Avanade grew revenues by 23% to $593 million and increased its global number of employees by 22%. Revenues were led by the company’s operations in North America (51%), followed by Europe (39%), then Asia Pacific (9%). A significant portion of Avanade's total revenue is obtained by subcontracting for Accenture and Microsoft. In fiscal year 2007, that amounted to more than 70% of total revenue for the company.
- "Microsoft and Andersen Consulting Announce Expanded Alliance". Microsoft. March 13, 2000. Retrieved December 2, 2016.
- "Avanade Leadership". Avanade.com. Retrieved December 3, 2016.
- "Avanade Solutions". Avanade.com. Retrieved April 17, 2019.
- "Avanade Fast Facts". Avanade.com. Retrieved December 3, 2016.
- "Accenture and Avanade Named Microsoft 2018 Alliance Partner of the Year". June 7, 2018.
- "Microsoft announces 2017 Partner of the Year winners and finalists". June 1, 2017.
- "Microsoft, Andersen team up". The Seattle Times. March 14, 2007. Retrieved December 2, 2016.
- "Avanade CEO Mitch Hill to Step Down; Board Appoints Adam Warby as CEO". Business Wire. May 6, 2008. Retrieved December 3, 2016.
- "Avanade CEO Adam Warby Steps Down; Pamela Maynard Appointed as His Successor".
- "Avanade buys into Queensland with DCG". ARN by IDG. March 11, 2003.
- "G.A. Sullivan sold to Seattle technology firm". St. Louis Business Journal. May 27, 2003.
- "Avanade Acquires en'tegrate; Combination of Global Microsoft Expertise and Microsoft Business Solutions". BusinessWire. May 2, 2005.
- "Avanade acquires Danish ERP consultant HOB Business Solutions A/S". Lync Migration. March 2, 2005.
- "Avanade Belgium Expands with Acquisition of Quadreon" (PDF). Avanade. June 4, 2008.
- "AVANADE COMPLETES ACQUISITION OF ASCENTIUM'S MICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM PRACTICE" (PDF). Avanade. May 18, 2010.
- "Avanade to Acquire eConnex, a German-Based Microsoft Dynamics CRM Services Firm". Marketwired. October 5, 2011.
- "Avanade Completes Acquisition of Azaleos". Marketwired. December 18, 2012.
- "Avanade acquires KCS.Net to expand Microsoft Dynamics capabilities across Germany, Switzerland and Austria". Avanade. June 10, 2015.
- "Avanade Acquires CloudTalent, a Strategic Cloud and Infrastructure Advisory Firm". ARN by Yahoo. August 3, 2015.
- "Avanade tech consulting company acquires 600-person New York firm, bolstering Accenture and Microsoft joint venture". Geekwire. February 28, 2017.
- "Avanade Acquires Loud&Clear And Creates Its First Digital Innovation Studio In Asia Pacific". BusinessInsider. August 13, 2018.
- "Avanade buys German Microsoft partner". ITEuropa. September 24, 2019.
- Avanade acquires Chicago company. Puget Sound Business Journal. March 2, 2005.
- Avanade acquires Danish ERP consultant HOB Business Solutions A/S. TMCnet. November 2, 2007.
- Avanade acquires Quadreon Archived 2011-07-07 at the Wayback Machine. Avanade. June 2008.
- Avanade to Acquire Ascentium Microsoft Dynamics CRM Practice. Market Wire. April 2010.
- "Becomes Leading Microsoft Dynamics CRM Service Provider in Germany; Expands European CRM Capabilities". avanade.com (Press release). November 7, 2011. Archived from the original on June 2, 2012. Retrieved August 7, 2015.
- "Avanade Completes Acquisition of Azaleos".
- "AVANADE ACQUIRES KCS.NET TO EXPAND MICROSOFT DYNAMICS CAPABILITIES ACROSS GERMANY, SWITZERLAND AND AUSTRIA".
- "CloudTalent - IT transformation". cloudtalent.co.uk. Retrieved August 18, 2016.
- "Avanade Acquires CloudTalent, a Strategic Cloud and Infrastructure Advisory Firm".
- "Avanade acquires Infusion, strengthening its digital transformation capabilities and leadership in Microsoft Services". Retrieved March 1, 2017.
- "Avanade acquires Melbourne digital agency Loud & Clear". Retrieved November 2, 2018.
- "AAvanade buys German Microsoft partner". Retrieved September 24, 2019.
- Avanade Annual Report 2007. SEC EDGAR website
- Avanade website office directory Archived 2008-01-06 at the Wayback Machine. [Retrieved December 28, 2007].
- Avanade website Brazil office opens press release Archived 2011-07-07 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Avanade bares financial details". The Seattle Times. February 17, 2006. Archived from the original on September 29, 2011. Retrieved December 3, 2016.