|Founded||April 4, 2000|
|Founder||Accenture and Microsoft|
|Headquarters||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|Adam Warby (CEO)|
|Services||Digital marketing, IT services, IT consulting|
|Revenue||US$ 2.0+ billion (2016 fiscal)|
Number of employees
Avanade (/ˈæv.əˌnɑːd/) is a global professional services company providing IT consulting and services focused on the Microsoft platform with business analytics, business applications, cloud, digital marketing, technology and managed services offerings. Headquartered in Seattle, the company has more than 80 locations in 20 countries with approximately 29,000 professionals and revenues of over $2 billion as of 2016. Avanade serves 34% of the Fortune 500 and 46% of the Fortune Global 500.
Avanade was formed on April 4, 2000 as a joint venture between Accenture (formerly Andersen Consulting) and Microsoft, and today is majority-owned by Accenture. The companies maintain the Accenture-Avanade-Microsoft alliance to combine Accenture's consulting expertise with Microsoft's scalable cloud and mobile technologies. Avanade and Accenture has been recognized as the Microsoft Alliance Partner of the Year twelve times, most recently in 2016 for the ninth year in a row.
To date, Avanade has acquired a number of companies to expand offerings and market share.
|1||March 3, 2003||DCG||Online business consulting and integration||Australia||—|||
|2||May 27, 2003||G.A. Sullivan||Information technology||United States||—|||
|3||May 2, 2005||en’tegrat||Microsoft Dynamics specialists||Australia||—|||
|4||November 2, 2007||HOB||Consulting firm||Denmark||—|||
|5||June 4, 2008||Quadreon||Microsoft Dynamics specialists||Belgium||—|||
|6||May 18, 2010||Ascentium Corporation||Microsoft Dynamics specialists||Australia||—|||
|7||October 5, 2011||ECONNEX AG||Microsoft Dynamics specialists||Germany||—|||
|8||December 18, 2012||Azaleos||Managed messaging, collaboration & unified communications services||United States||—|||
|9||April 28, 2015||KCS.NET||Information technology||Germany||—|||
|10||August 3, 2015||CloudTalent||Strategic cloud advisory||United Kingdom||—|||
|11||February 28, 2017||Infusion||Software engineering and design||United States||—|||
- In 2005, Avanade acquired Chicago-based en’tegrate, a services firm specializing in Microsoft AX deployments.
- In 2007, Avanade acquired Copenhagen-based HOB Business Solutions, a services firm specializing in Microsoft Dynamics AX solutions.
- In 2008, Avanade acquired Ghent, Belgium-based Quadreon, a services firm specializing in Microsoft Dynamics AX solutions.
- In 2010, Avanade acquired the US portion of the CRM practice from Ascentium, a US-based consulting firm.
- In 2011, Avanade acquired Kiel-based eCONNEX AG, a services firm specializing in Microsoft Dynamics CRM solutions.
- In 2012, Avanade acquired Azaleos, a Seattle-based American corporation specializing in managed messaging, collaboration and unified communications services for Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Lync and Blackberry Enterprise Server.
- In 2015, Avanade acquired KCS.net, one of the largest Microsoft Dynamics ERP partners in Germany, Switzerland and Austria, a leading Microsoft Dynamics CRM partner and has a fast growing Microsoft SharePoint business.
- In 2015, Avanade acquired CloudTalent, a strategic infrastructure and cloud advisory business headquartered in the United Kingdom 
- In 2017, Avanade acquired Infusion Development, a consulting services firm focused on digital transformation, application modernization, and cloud-scale solutions.
Avanade operates its business in more than 70 cities across North America, Europe, Asia, South America, and the Pacific.
India (IDC), China (CDC) and the Philippines (PDC) supply Avanade with offshore consultants housed in parent company Accenture's delivery centers. Overall, these offshore workers comprise over 40% of Avanade's total workforce. Avanade relies heavily on offshore workers in India, China and other developing countries to help their customers reduce costs.
Avanade began filing financial reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission in 2006, a requirement for publicly traded companies. Alternatively, filings must be made when the number of security holders exceeded 500, which at the time, Avanade had over 1,100. As of July 1, 2008, Avanade is no longer required to file financial reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission as it has unregistered all securities.
Avanade's business model is heavily dependent on Accenture. Nearly 65% Avanade's revenue comes from Accenture, primarily by serving as a subcontractor to Accenture. In fiscal year 2007, Avanade grew revenues by 23% to $593 million and increased its global number of employees by 22%. Revenues were led by the company’s operations in North America (51%), followed by Europe (39%), then Asia Pacific (9%). A significant portion of Avanade's total revenue is obtained by subcontracting for Accenture and Microsoft. In fiscal year 2007, that amounted to more than 70% of total revenue for the company.
- "Microsoft and Andersen Consulting Announce Expanded Alliance". Microsoft. 13 March 2000. Retrieved 2 December 2016.
- "Avanade Leadership". Avanade.com. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
- "Avanade Solutions". Avanade.com. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
- "Avanade Fast Facts". Avanade.com. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
- "Microsoft Announces 2016 Partner of the Year Winners and Finalists". Microsoft. 31 May 2016. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
- "Accenture and Avanade Named Microsoft 2016 Alliance Partner of the Year". Avanade. 1 June 2016. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
- "Microsoft, Andersen team up". Seattle Times. 14 March 2007. Retrieved 2 December 2016.
- "Avanade CEO Mitch Hill to Step Down; Board Appoints Adam Warby as CEO". Business Wire. 6 May 2008. Retrieved 3 December 2016.
- "Avanade buys into Queensland with DCG". ARN by IDG. 11 March 2003.
- "G.A. Sullivan sold to Seattle technology firm". St. Louis Business Journal. 27 May 2003.
- "Avanade Acquires en'tegrate; Combination of Global Microsoft Expertise and Microsoft Business Solutions". BusinessWire. 2 May 2005.
- "Avanade acquires Danish ERP consultant HOB Business Solutions A/S". Lync Migration. 2 March 2005.
- "Avanade Belgium Expands with Acquisition of Quadreon" (PDF). Avanade. 4 June 2008.
- "AVANADE COMPLETES ACQUISITION OF ASCENTIUM’S MICROSOFT DYNAMICS CRM PRACTICE" (PDF). Avanade. 18 May 2010.
- "Avanade to Acquire eConnex, a German-Based Microsoft Dynamics CRM Services Firm". Marketwired. 5 October 2011.
- "Avanade Completes Acquisition of Azaleos". Marketwired. 18 December 2012.
- "Avanade acquires KCS.Net to expand Microsoft Dynamics capabilities across Germany, Switzerland and Austria". Avanade. 10 June 2015.
- "Avanade Acquires CloudTalent, a Strategic Cloud and Infrastructure Advisory Firm". ARN by Yahoo. 3 August 2015.
- "Avanade tech consulting company acquires 600-person New York firm, bolstering Accenture and Microsoft joint venture". Geekwire. 28 February 2017.
- Avanade acquires Chicago company. Puget Sound Business Journal. March 2, 2005.
- Avanade acquires Danish ERP consultant HOB Business Solutions A/S. TMCnet. November 2, 2007.
- Avanade acquires Quadreon Archived 2011-07-07 at the Wayback Machine.. Avanade. June 2008.
- Avanade to Acquire Ascentium Microsoft Dynamics CRM Practice. Market Wire. April 2010.
- "Becomes Leading Microsoft Dynamics CRM Service Provider in Germany; Expands European CRM Capabilities". avanade.com (Press release). 2011-11-07. Archived from the original on 2012-06-02. Retrieved 2015-08-07.
- "Avanade Completes Acquisition of Azaleos".
- "AVANADE ACQUIRES KCS.NET TO EXPAND MICROSOFT DYNAMICS CAPABILITIES ACROSS GERMANY, SWITZERLAND AND AUSTRIA".
- "CloudTalent - IT transformation". cloudtalent.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-08-18.
- "Avanade Acquires CloudTalent, a Strategic Cloud and Infrastructure Advisory Firm".
- "Avanade acquires Infusion, strengthening its digital transformation capabilities and leadership in Microsoft Services". Retrieved 2017-03-01.
- Avanade Annual Report 2007. SEC EDGAR website
- Avanade website office directory Archived 2008-01-06 at the Wayback Machine.. [Retrieved December 28, 2007].
- Avanade website Brazil office opens press release Archived 2011-07-07 at the Wayback Machine..
- "Avanade bares financial details". The Seattle Times. 17 February 2006. Retrieved 3 December 2016.