Avans University of Applied Sciences
|Type||Public University of Applied Sciences|
|Established||January 1, 2004|
Avans University of Applied Sciences (Dutch: Avans Hogeschool) is a Dutch high ranked vocational university. It is located in three cities: Breda, 's-Hertogenbosch, and Tilburg. The school has 30,000 students studying 40 courses in 18 institutes. There are 2,900 employees.
Avans University of Applied Sciences itself was founded on January 1, 2004, as a union of Hogeschool 's-Hertogenbosch and Hogeschool Brabant in Tilburg, Breda, and Etten-Leur. Hogeschool Brabant itself was a union from 1988 of Hogeschool West-Brabant (Etten-Leur and Breda) and Hogeschool Midden-Brabant (Tilburg). The oldest branch of Avans University of Applied Sciences is the Kunstacademie in 's-Hertogenbosch, which was founded on October 1, 1812.
Recognition and ranking
Avans University of Applied Sciences was declared by independent researcher Keuzegids HBO as the best major University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands for nine of the ten years up to 2019.
- Bachelor's (4 years) 
- Environmental Science for Sustainable Energy and Technology, in Breda
- Industrial Engineering and Management, in Breda
- International Business and Languages, in 's-Hertogenbosch
- International Business and Management Studies, in Breda
- International Financial Management, in Breda
- Master's 
- Master of Animation, in Breda
- Master of Fine Art, in Breda
- Master of Graphic Design, in Breda
- Master of Photography, in Breda
And has plenty of other courses (exchange) to offer, for example, courses like Biobased Energy, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Environmental Geography, Global Business & Career, International Business, International Sales, etc.
- Avans opnieuw beste hogeschool, NU.nl, 23 Oktober 2012
- Avans opnieuw beste hogeschool van Nederland, NU.nl, 30 September 2016
- Avans beste hogeschool volgens Keuzegids, Brabants Dagblad, 26 September 2017
- Avans voor vijfde keer op rij verkozen tot beste hogeschool, Nu.nl, 4 Oktober 2018
- Avans aan kop, Inholland knapt op, Keuzegids, 4 Oktober 2018