|Type||Private limited company|
|formerly LSE: AVN|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Kyle Whitehill, Chief Executive Officer|
Avanti Communications is a UK based satellite operator, selling wholesale satellite broadband and satellite connectivity services to Internet Service Providers, Mobile Network Operators, Enterprises, Governments and other satellite operators. The Avanti HYLAS fleet of satellites provides coverage of the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The company was listed on London's Alternative Investment Market (AIM) as LSE: AVN and employs approximately 200 staff across the UK, Europe, US, the Middle East and Africa. Its headquarters are in London (UK) with offices in Goonhilly (UK), Limassol (Cyprus), Istanbul (Turkey) Nairobi (Kenya), Dar es Salaam (Tanzania), Johannesburg (South Africa) and Lagos (Nigeria).
Avanti currently has 4 Geostationary orbit (GEO) High-throughput satellite (HTS), HYLAS-1, HYLAS-2 and HYLAS-4 in orbit. Its latest HTS, HYLAS 3, launched in July 2019 as a payload on board Airbus/European Space Agency's EDRS-C satellite. Avanti has dual geo-redundant Gateway Earth Stations (GES) across Europe the Middle East and Africa to provide high levels of network resiliency and resulting in a claimed 99.9% uptime service level. The company has GES in the UK, Cyprus, Germany, Turkey, South Africa and Nigeria.
In September 2019, Avanti announced it will delist from London Stock Exchange. The trading with Avanti's stock ended 17 September 2019. At the time, Avanti had 3 geostationary communications satellites (HYLAS-1, HYLAS-2, HYLAS-4), a hosted payload on Airbus’ and the European Space Agency's EDRS-C satellite (HYLAS-3), and a leased payload on SES's Astra 5B satellite.
- "Sectors". Avanti Communications.
- "Avanti Communications: RNS announces Kyle Whitehill as new CEO". Avanti Communications - Satellite Services. Archived from the original on 24 April 2018. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- "HYLAS 3". Avanti Communications. Retrieved 4 May 2021.
- "Coverage". Avanti Communications. Archived from the original on 17 October 2014. Retrieved 17 October 2014.
- "| Avanti PLC". Archived from the original on 17 October 2014. Retrieved 17 October 2014.
- "Avanti shareholders approve stock's delisting". 6 September 2019.