Theatrical Release Poster
|Directed by||Shanil Muhammed|
|Produced by||Ajay Krishnan|
|Written by||Shanil Muhammed|
|Music by||Sankar Sharma|
|Edited by||Prejish Prakash|
|Distributed by||Sopanam Entertainments|
|23 June 2017|
Avarude Ravukal is an Indian Malayalam film written and directed by Shanil Muhammed. It features Asif Ali, Unni Mukundan, Vinay Forrt, Honey Rose, Milana Nagaraj and Nedumudi Venu.It produced by Ajay Krishnan under the banner of Ajay entertainments. The Film Released on 2017 June 23 with mixed to positive response from audience.
In this move, the director has used Slow motion cleverly to extend a mere 30 minutes runtime story to 2 hours. Slow motion scenes are added to almost all the scenes, putting the viewer in a journey to slow death. The experience of watching this movie is reflected in the lyrics of one of the songs in the movie "Pettupokumo". The lyrics of the song "Ithra peedakal sahichu talli neekuvanikku pattukillini ithenthu kashtamanu bro (Brother, I cannot push this difficult time forward going through these hardships...)" accurately describes the feelings and thoughts of a viewer of this movie.
It’s a story woven around 3 youngsters and their search for new life in Cochin city, they are from different places. Ashik (Asif Ali), Sidharth (Unni Mukundan) and Vijay (Vinay Forrt) stay together in a house of an old man named Scobo Jones (Nedumudi Venu) for free by solving a puzzle. Jones teaches them there are two ways to approach a problem in life and that often only one path that too with repetitive effort will turn struggling events into unexpected bliss form the plot of the movie.
- Asif Ali as Aashik /Aashiq Abu
- Unni Mukundan as Siddharth Gopan
- Vinay Forrt as Vijay
- Nedumudi Venu as Scobo Jones
- Honey Rose as Shivani Jayan, senior manager at Blue Seven Star
- Milana Nagaraj as Meghna
- Aju Varghese as Vinod Mannarkkad
- Mukesh as Manoj Kuruvila, film director
- Kochu Preman as Dr.Jayamurugan, psychiatrist at JM Clinic
- Lena as Manoj's wife
- Ambika Mohan as Siddharth's mother
- Kiran Aravindakshan as Advocate
- Nisha Sarang as Bindhu Jayamurugan
- Aishwarya Chandran
- Sunny Wayne as Sunny
- Shine Tom Chacko as Shine
- Sanju Sivram as Sanju
- Prasanth as Buji Pattavayal
- Vinitha Koshy as Mareena
- Anand Gopinathan as Sam
In 2015 Shanil Muhammed, who earlier directed the Malayalam children's film, Philips and the Monkey Pen, announced the film titled Avarude Ravukal with Asif Ali, Unni Mukundan and Honey Rose in the lead roles. The Shooting of the film started at Kochi, Salem, Attappadi, Munnar and Vagamon.
The film's producer Ajay Krishnan committed suicide on 24 April 2016, a month before the scheduled release of the film. It was widely reported that the producer was unhappy after watching the preview of the film and he was also having some financial problems. Ajay's girlfriend Vineetha Nair also committed suicide a week after Ajay's death. Ajay's untimely death delayed the release of the film and it is released one year later on 23 June 2017.
- "Avarude Ravukal producer commits suicide". The Times of India. Retrieved September 9, 2017.
- James, Anu. "After 'Avarude Raavukal' producer Ajay Krishnan, his girlfriend Vineetha found dead; police confirms suicide". International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 2017-10-30.
- Avarude Raavukal, IMDB
|This article about a Malayalam film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|