Avengers (2020 video game)
|Release||May 15, 2020|
Marvel's Avengers (previously known as The Avengers Project) is an upcoming action-adventure video game developed by Crystal Dynamics and Eidos Montréal and published by Square Enix. Based on the Marvel Comics superhero team the Avengers, it is inspired by the long-running comic book mythology and adaptations in other media. The game will be released for Google Stadia, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on May 15, 2020.
Marvel's Avengers features a large roster of characters drawn from the Marvel Universe, consisting primarily of the title team members and other superheroes, such as Captain America (Jeff Schine), Iron Man (Nolan North), Hulk (Troy Baker), Black Widow (Laura Bailey), Thor (Travis Willingham), and Hank Pym. During the game, the heroes come into conflict with several supervillains; among them are the Abomination and Taskmaster.
The story begins at A-Day, where the Avengers are unveiling a hi-tech Headquarters in San Francisco — including the reveal of their own helicarrier powered by a Terrigen crystal. The celebration turns deadly when a catastrophic accident results in the massive devastation of the city and supposedly kills Captain America. Blamed for the tragedy, the Avengers disband. Five years later, with all superheroes outlawed and the world in peril, the only hope is to reassemble Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
- Additional work by Crystal Northwest and Nixxes Software
- Dinh, Christine (10 June 2019). "E3 2019: 'Marvel's Avengers' Begins at A-Day in Official Trailer Reveal | News | Marvel". marvel.com. Marvel Entertainment. Retrieved 11 June 2019.
- Marvel Entertainment (26 January 2017), The Avengers Project Announcement Trailer, retrieved 11 June 2019
- "MARVEL'S AVENGERS Trailer Officially Released; Confirmed For 2020, Voice Cast Revealed & More". ComicBookMovie.com. Retrieved 13 June 2019.
- Polo, Susana (11 June 2019). "Marvel confirms the identity of the villain in Square Enix's Avengers game". Polygon.
- "Marvel's Avengers: A-Day". Retrieved 11 June 2018.