|Traded as||BSE: 500674|
|N Rajaram (MD)|
|Products||Prescription and over-the-counter drugs for thrombosis, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, central nervous system disorders, oncology and internal medicine, vaccines (list...)|
Number of employees
Sanofi India Limited, headquartered in Mumbai, is a part of Sanofi group. Sanofi SA and its wholly owned subsidiary Hoechst AG, are the major shareholders of Sanofi India Limited. Its manufacturing portfolio contains medicines for several therapeutic areas including cardiovascular, thrombotic, metabolic disorders, oncology, disorders of the central nervous system, internal medicine. Its primary business is medicines in the dosage forms of liquid injectables, tablets, capsules, ointments, drops and syrup. In July 2003, company launched Lantus, the world's first and only once a day insulin.
Sanofi India Limited was incorporated in May 1956 under the name Hoechst Fedco Pharma Private Limited. Over the years, its name was changed to Hoechst Pharmaceuticals Private Limited, Hoechst India Limited and Hoechst Marion Roussel Limited.
As of August 2012, it is part of Sanofi.
Sanofi India and Apollo Health and Lifestyle, the subsidiary of Apollo Hospitals Group collaborated in September 2014 and on the expansion of Apollo Sugar Clinics to provide an integrated Care Program in India for people with Diabetes.
- "Aventis Pharma launches SoloSTAR – Express Pharma". Expresspharmaonline.com. 31 May 2008. Retrieved 2010-07-27.
- (in French) "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 3 September 2007. Retrieved 2010-07-27.
- "BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES Maharashtra Page 51" (PDF). www.ibef.org/. Archived (PDF) from the original on 16 August 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-27.
- "Top 500 Companies 2009" (PDF). www.dnb.co.in. Archived from the original (PDF) on 21 July 2011. Retrieved 2010-07-27.
- "Aventis Pharma Ltd Background details about Company Profile". Indiainfoline.com. Retrieved 2010-07-27.
- "Sanofi Aventis plans rural push under Hoechst brand". Financialexpress.com. 11 December 2009. Retrieved 2010-07-27.
- Babu, Gireesh (2 May 2017). "Apollo Health expects partner Sanofi to help expand diabetes care business". Business Standard India.