|Also known as|
|Origin||The Bronx, New York|
|Years active||1994–2011, 2015-2016|
Aventura was a Dominican bachata band from New York City. Aventura was formed in 1994 by Anthony "Romeo" Santos, Henry Santos Jeter, Lenny Santos (Len Melody), and Max "Mikey" Santos (Max Agende), three of them are natives of The Bronx, however, having families born in the Dominican Republic; with the exception of Romeo Santos who has a Dominican father and Puerto Rican mother.
In 2004, the song, "Obsesión" achieved huge success in many countries, topping many international charts like France, Germany and Italy.
Aventura separated in 2011. According to Romeo Santos, the group was "on pause to do individual projects". Romeo Santos and former members of Aventura reunited to close out the second night of Romeo Santos' sold-out Yankee Stadium concerts on July 12, 2014.
- Anthony "Romeo" Santos – lead vocals, songwriter, composer, record producer
- Henry Santos – vocals, backing vocals, composer
- Lenny Santos – guitarist, record producer, arranger
- Max Santos – bass
- Octavio Rivera "Toby Love" – lead vocals, songwriter, composer
After their separation in 2011, Romeo Santos and Henry Santos embarked on respective solo careers while Lenny Santos and Max Santos joined Steve Styles from the bachata group Xtreme to form a new band, called "Grupo Vena".
It was announced on December 1, 2015 Aventura would have a set of concerts for the last time as a group for the whole month of February at the United Palace Theater in New York City.
Their first concert since their split started with a sold out crowd on February 4, 2016 with the final concert ending on February 28, 2016.
- as Los Tinellers
- Trampa De Amor (1995) Jimenez Publicidad Promoter
- as Aventura
- Generation Next (1999) Jimenez Publicidad Promoter
- We Broke the Rules (2002)
- Love & Hate (2003)
- God's Project (2005)
- The Last (2009)
- Unplugged (2004)
- K.O.B. Live (2006)
- Kings of Bachata: Sold Out at Madison Square Garden (2007)
- 14+14 (2011)
- Grandes Éxitos (2012)
- Todavía Me Amas: Lo Mejor de Aventura (2016)
- allmusic - Aventura - Overview. allmusic.com. Retrieved on February 18, 2010.
- "Romeo Santos Finds His Own 'Formula' After Aventura Success". Billboard. Retrieved April 8, 2015.
- "Heard of Romeo Santos? Will Smith and Usher could change that". tribunedigital-chicagotribune. Retrieved April 8, 2015.
- Carlos Quintana. "Romeo Santos - Biography and Artist Profile". About.com Entertainment. Retrieved April 8, 2015.
- Romeo Santos#Early life and career
- Mallenbaum, Carly (January 8, 2012). "On the Verge: 'Bachata King' Romeo". USA Today. Gannett Co. Inc. Archived from the original on January 21, 2013. Retrieved May 16, 2013.
- Feeney, Michael (July 13, 2014). "Romeo Santos joined by Marc Anthony, former Aventura members at sold-out Yankee Stadium show". New York Daily News. Retrieved July 18, 2014.
- Quintana, Carlos. "Top Bachata Songs of 2012". About.com. Retrieved January 29, 2013.