Avenue of Technology (Philadelphia)
Avenue of Technology
University City Science Center on the Avenue of Technology
|Area code(s)||Area code 215|
Avenue of Technology is a city designated technology-based district on a segment of Market Street in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The area is known for being the "portal of technology" of the city that includes the University City Science Center and Drexel University. The area was originally dedicated by the mayor Ed Rendell with street plates acknowledging this section of road with turquoise signs.
- Market Street (Philadelphia)
- Avenue of the Arts (Philadelphia), also designated by former Mayor Ed Rendell
- Eisinger, Peter. Urban Affairs Review, January 2000 vol. 35 no. 3, "The Politics of Bread and Circuses - Building the City for the Visitor Class". pp. 316-333, doi: 10.1177/107808740003500302 .
- "Avenue of Technology Works on Role A: "Portal of Technology". Building Will Be A Central Feature of the Market Street Corridor".
- "Art Along the Avenue of Technology". Archived from the original on 2015-06-02.
- "Tour: Avenue of Technology".