Averardo de' Medici
|Averardo de' Medici|
17th-century image of Averardo de' Medici
Giovanni di Bicci de' Medici
Francesco de' Medici
Antonia de' Medici
|Father||Chiarissimo de' Medici|
Averardo de' Medici (1320-1363) was the son of Chiarissimo de' Medici (died 1346) and the father of three children: Giovanni, Francesco, and Antonia. Giovanni di Bicci de' Medici would later become the first historically relevant member of Medici family of Florence and the eventual founder of the Medici bank. He was named after the legendary knight Averardo, from whom the Medici claimed descent.
- Giovanni di Bicci de' Medici; married Piccarda Bueri.
- Francesco de' Medici (d. 1402); married Selvaggia Gianfigliazzi and Francesca Balducci.
- Antonia de' Medici; married Angelo Ardinghelli.
- Brucker, Gene A. (1957). The Medici in the Fourteenth Century. Medieval Academy of America.
- Lee, Alexander (2014). The Ugly Renaissance. Hutchinson.
- PBS - Medici: Godfathers of the Renaissance
- THE MEDICI Genealogical tree from Florence Art Guide - The Renaissance
- Medici Family from The Galileo Project
- Image of Medici family tree