Avery Township, Humboldt County, Iowa
Location in Humboldt County
Humboldt County's location in Iowa
|• Total||36.2 sq mi (94 km2)|
|• Land||35.8 sq mi (93 km2)|
|• Water||0.4 sq mi (1 km2)|
|Elevation||1,142 ft (348 m)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||50520 (Bradgate)|
|GNIS feature ID||0467405|
Avery Township was organized in 1873. It is named for O. F. Avery, a pioneer settler.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Avery Township covers an area of 36.2 square miles (94 km2); of this, 35.8 square miles (93 km2) is land and 0.4 square miles (1.0 km2) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Wacousta Township (north)
- Delana Township (northeast)
- Rutland Township (east)
- Corinth Township (southeast)
- Weaver Township (south)
- Lake Township, Pocahontas County (southwest)
- Garfield Township, Pocahontas County (west)
- Des Moines Township, Pocahontas County (northwest)
The township does not contain any cemeteries.
- Iowa's 4th congressional district
- State House District 4
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- United States National Atlas
- History of Kossuth and Humboldt Counties, Iowa. Union Publishing Company. 1884. pp. 718–721. Note that Google Books misspells "Humboldt".
||Des Moines Township, Pocahontas County||Wacousta Township||Delana Township|
|Garfield Township, Pocahontas County||Rutland Township|
|Lake Township, Pocahontas County||Weaver Township||Corinth Township|