|Birth name||Avigdor Benyamin Zahner-Isenberg|
November 5, 1990 |
Upland, California, United States
|Origin||Long Beach, California|
|Instruments||Guitar, Piano, Voice|
|Associated acts||Sevendys, Kath Bloom, Peg, Litronix, Wilco, Modest Mouse, Nels Cline, Twanner, Mike Watt, Johnny Marr, ALAK, Fort Wife, Gorge Mand, Sasami Ashworth, Owen Pallett|
Avi Buffalo (born Avigdor Benyamin Zahner-Isenberg, November 5, 1990) is an American guitarist, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and producer. His self-titled debut album was released on April 27, 2010, and was given positive reviews by The A.V. Club, NME, Filter, Drowned in Sound and numerous other music review sites. The album's first single was "What's In It For" with "Jessica" on the B-side. His band performed at SXSW the same year, and opened for Modest Mouse in July. In 2010, the band toured Europe and North America. In June 2011 a second single was released on Sub Pop, "How Come? and Good I'm Wishing", and he began writing for a second album.
Summer 2011 had Avi and his band touring Europe and the US again. Avi Buffalo began recording a follow-up to his self-titled album in 2012, and in 2013 began producing various projects such as Kevin Litrow. Avi Buffalo's second album At Best Cuckold was released on 8 September 2014 in Europe, and on 9 September in the US. Avi and a live band toured the US and Europe in support of this album in Autumn of 2014. In January 2015 it was announced that the full-band lineup has disbanded, but almost immediately continued to perform shows by himself, and then once again with other musicians in another full band rendition of his music.
Avi Buffalo is currently making a third full-length album, performing concerts of his own music and working as an instrumentalist and producer for different artists.
- 2007: Avi Buffalo - Home Recording era begins and varying CD-R bootlegs circulated by Avi Buffalo
- 2010: Avi Buffalo - Avi Buffalo (Sub Pop Records)
- 2014: Avi Buffalo - At Best Cuckold (Sub Pop Records)
EPs and singles
- 2010: "What's In It For/Jessica" (7" release)
- 2011: "How Come/Good I'm Wishing" (7" release)
- 2010: Sevendys - Guitarist
- 2013: Arjuna Genome - The Universe Is Blinking (Avi Buffalo as engineer, producer and musician)
- 2015: Bobby Rae - The Now and Then Clubhouse (as producer, mixer and masterer)
- 2015: Litronix - Pump The Gas (as producer, engineer and musician)
- "Avigdor Benyamin Zahner".
- Film_Fanatic_15 (April 29, 2010). "Avi Buffalo album reviews at Metacritic". Metacritic.com. Retrieved December 16, 2011.
- US. "Avi Buffalo at Myspace". Myspace.com. Retrieved December 16, 2011.
- "Avi Buffalo at Sub Pop". Subpop.com. June 28, 2011. Retrieved December 16, 2011.
- Sub Pop Records. "Avi Buffalo". Sub Pop Records.
- Jeremy Gordon (January 27, 2015). "Avi Buffalo Call It Quits". Pitchfork.
- https://www.facebook.com/avibuffalomusic/posts/10153668892058438 Retrieved on 27/1/15
- "Avi Buffalo - What's In It For / Jessica (Vinyl)". Discogs.com. Retrieved August 21, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Avi Buffalo.|