Avi Chai Foundation
|United States, Israel|
The Avi Chai Foundation is a private foundation endowed in 1984 by Zalman Bernstein, a well-known successful investor and founder of Sanford Bernstein. Zalman Bernstein became a Modern Orthodox Baal teshuva (a returnee to Orthodox observance) who wished to further the cause of outreach to alienated and assimilated Jews worldwide. Avi Chai allocates resources in the United States and in Israel. Until 2003, Avi Chai functioned in Russia and other former Soviet Union countries.
Avi Chai's Board has included :
- Mem D. Bernstein, Chairman of the Board
- Arthur W. Fried
- Samuel "Buddy" Silberman (Trustee Emeritus)
- Dr. Meir Buzaglo
- Lauren K. Merkin
- Henry Taub (Trustee Emeritus, died 2011)
- Dr. Avital Darmon
- George Rohr
- Dr. Ruth R. Wisse
- Alan R. Feld, Senior Managing Director of Sanford Bernstein’s private client business.
- Lief D. Rosenblatt
- "The Avi Chai Foundation" (PDF). Foundation Center. 22 November 2016. Retrieved 22 June 2017.
- Snyder, Tamar (November 2, 2010). "Avi Chai's Last Will And Testament?". The New York Jewish Week. Retrieved November 6, 2010.
|This article about a subject related to a Jewish organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|