The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Native name||אבי נרדיה|
|Teacher(s)||Moni Aizik, Chaim Pe'er|
|Rank||(military) Major IDF Res., (police) Staff Sergeant Major (NCO)|
|Website||Avi Nardia, Avi Nardia KAPAP Combatives|
Avi Nardia is a martial artist, KAPAP, a related to it hand to hand combat system Lotar and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instructor. With his teacher Lt. Col Chaim Pe'er he is heading today's KAPAP combatives system as the leaders on International KAPAP Federation of Israel.
Nardia served in the Israel Defense Forces as an official hand-to-hand instructor and safety officer both during his duty service and reserve service. In the IDF he trained Israeli special forces and earned a rank of Major.
After his demobilization Avi Nardia spent 7 years in Japan studying Karate, Jiu-Jitsu and Kendo. When he came back to Israel he started to train Israeli police special Yamam unit During his years in Yamam he has substantially improved and enriched modern KAPAP.
After 9/11 terror attacks Nardia has developed a new KAPAP version of civilian purposes. Subsequently he moved to live in LA, California where he opened a KAPAP Academy. Today he serves as an expert to SWAT schools in different countries and as an official instructor holding master classes on defensive tactics and operational behavior worldwide. For example, due to his efforts KAPAP is becoming more and more popular in Asia including Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan and China.
As a leading face-to-face instructor he is also considered to be a counter terrorism expert.
Articles and books by Avi Nardia
- Jim Wagner, Major Avi Nardia, Inside Israel, Black Belt (magazine)
- Avi Nardia, Albert Timen, Israeli Martial Arts: Avi Nardia on Using Human Pressure Points in Kapap Techniques, Black Belt Magazine, May 2, 2012.
- Avi Nardia, TERRORISM AROUND US (abridged), a counter-terrorism article written by Avi Nardia
- Avi Nardia, Albert Timen, Combat Concepts: Martial Arts of the Israeli Special Forces
- "Avi Nardia". International KAPAP Federation. Retrieved 2012. Check date values in:
- Intensive self-defence seminars by expert Avi Nardia
- USA DOJO, What is Lotar?
- The Real Fighting. Avi Nardia Academy
- About KAPAP - Israeli Martial Arts of the Special Forces
- INTERNATIONAL KAPAP FEDERATION of Israel
- Krav Maga Federation of Ukraine, History of Israeli martial arts Archived 2012-05-16 at the Wayback Machine. (in Russian)
- Jen Bishop, Hendon course from Israeli special forces
- Alfredo Tucci, Red Alert. Street Survival. 5 experts. 5 extreme street attacks, Budo International
- Tad Nelson, Behind the lines. THE YAMAM and ISRAELI KAPAP/CQB TRAINING
- T.D. Cook, Major Avi Nardia. Behind the headlines, Budo International
- Jim Wagner, Martial allies, Black Belt (magazine), January 2007
- Patwant Singh, Singapore to promote Kapap martial arts