|Born||January 7, 1957|
|Occupation||Founder and CEO of XponentialWorks|
Avi Reichental (born January 7, 1957) is an Israeli-American serial entrepreneur, business executive, and a pioneer in the 3D printing industry. He is the Founder and CEO of XponentialWorks, and serves as General Partner at Cognitiv Ventures, Chairman of Nano Dimension, Executive Chairman and Co-Founder of Nexa3D, Executive Chairman and Co-Founder of NXT Factory, Vice Chairman of Techniplas, CEO of Techniplas Digital, and Co-Founder and Chairman of Centaur Analytics. He is also a Board Member of the XPRIZE Foundation, and a trustee of the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum in New York. Until 2015, he was the President and CEO of 3D Systems.
Early life and education
Reichental was born in Israel and moved to the US in his early 20s. In 1981 he joined Sealed Air Corporation, a provider of food safety and security, facility hygiene, and product protection. He held various senior positions during his 22-year tenure at the firm, the last being Vice President and General Manager of Sealed Air's Shrink Packaging business.
In 2003 Reichental became President and CEO of 3D Systems. Under his leadership, 3D Systems acquired several subsidiaries including Quickparts, an industrial manufacturing center, Z Corp, and Geomagic.
In 2015, Reichental stepped down as CEO, and founded XponentialWorks, where he serves as Chairman and CEO. Based in Ventura, California, XponentialWorks is a venture, advisory, and product development firm focused on early and mature stage companies in the fields of 3D printing, robotics, artificial intelligence, and deep learning.
In 2016 Reichental co-founded Centaur Analytics, where he serves as Chairman of the Board. Centaur Analytics produces wireless sensors for monitoring and adjusting food storage conditions.
In 2017, he joined Nano Dimension as Chairman of the Board. As an additive manufacturing company, Nano Dimension uses advanced nano ink technology, inkjet printing, and 3D printing to produce prototypes of multilayer printed circuit boards and 3D circuitries. It also supplies conductive and dielectric inks for the printed electronics market. In the same year he also became Vice Chairman of the Board of Techniplas, which manufactures plastic components and modules for the automobile and energy industries, as well as CEO of Techniplas Digital, a business unit within Techniplas that focuses on developing cognitive products and services for the company and its clientele.
Reichental is also a General Partner at OurCrowd First, an Israel-based early-stage venture fund. In 2018, OurCrowd announced that Reichental would serve as a General Partner of Cognitiv Ventures, a new $100 million investment fund for early stage companies in the fields of artificial intelligence, robotics and digital manufacturing.
Reichental is a board member of the XPRIZE Foundation, a nonprofit organization which holds international competitions to encourage technological development for the benefit of humanity. He is also a core faculty member at Singularity University, a Silicon Valley based thinktank, startup accelerator, and educational institute which seeks to develop a better and broader understanding of advanced technology and its benefits for society.
- 2011 - Reichental was named EY Entrepreneur of the Year, Southeast Region, US
- 2012 - 3D Systems received the Financial Times Boldness in Business Award
- 2013 - Reichental was named among Fortune's Top People in Business
- 2014 - Reichental was named by Popular Mechanics as one of the 25 Makers Who Are Reinventing the American Dream
- "Nano Dimension, Nexa3D, XYZprinting: Catching Up with 3D Printing Businesses Linked by a Familiar Name | 3DPrint.com | The Voice of 3D Printing / Additive Manufacturing". 3dprint.com. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "Take 5: Q&A with Avi Reichental, President & CEO, 3D Systems". IndustryWeek. 2014-06-03. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "Ready to Print the Future". Financial Times. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "Avi Reichental".
- "Quickparts acquired by 3D Systems". PlasticsToday. 2011-02-22. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "3D Systems Completes the Acquisition of Z Corp and Vidar - Robotics Business Review". Robotics Business Review. 2012-01-03. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "Print Giant 3D Systems to Acquire Modeling Company Geomagic". WIRED. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "Author: Avi Reichental". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "About - Xponential Works". Xponential Works. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "HARMAN Appoints Avi Reichental to Board of Directors". HARMAN Newsroom. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- Mu-Hyun, Cho. "Samsung completes $8 billion Harman acquisition | ZDNet". ZDNet. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "Electronic Equipment, Instruments and Components Company Overview of Centaur Analytics, Inc".
- "Former 3D Systems CEO Avi Reichental to Become Nano Dimension's Co-Chairman | All3DP". All3DP. 2017-11-28. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "Former 3D Systems President and CEO Avi Reichental Joins Nano Dimension Board of Directors | 3DPrint.com | The Voice of 3D Printing / Additive Manufacturing". 3dprint.com. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "Nano Dimension Ltd (NNDM.TA)".
- "Techniplas, Inc.: Private Company Information - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "Former President and CEO of 3D Systems to head-up Techniplas additive manufacturing center". Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "Techniplas Moving Towards Digitization, Establishing New 3D Printing Business Unit for Rapid Tooling Development | 3DPrint.com | The Voice of 3D Printing / Additive Manufacturing". 3dprint.com. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "Stocks". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "OurCrowd to set up new $100m fund with focus on AI technologies". Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "OurCrowd launches $100m Cognitiv fund - Globes". Globes (in Hebrew). Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "Our Boards: Directors & Trustees". XPRIZE. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "Avi Reichental, Faculty, Digital Manufacturing".
- Brooke, Rose (2014-04-09). "3D Systems' Avi Reichental appointed to Cooper-Hewitt board". TCT Magazine. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "World Entrepreneur Of The Year, Speakers and contributors".
- "The Boldness in Business awards: a look back at previous stories of success". Financial Times. 2018-03-15. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "Boldness in Business" (PDF). Financial Times.
- "2013's Top People in Business". Fortune. Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- "25 Makers Who Are Reinventing the American Dream". Popular Mechanics. 2014-03-18. Retrieved 2018-08-09.