|Traded as||BVC: PFAVH
|CEO) Santiago Andrés Diago, (COO)|
|Products||Air passenger transport (Avianca)
Air cargo transport (Avianca Cargo)
Ground cargo transport and courier (Avianca Deprisa)
Aircraft maintenance and staff training (Avianca Services)
Frequent-flyer program (Avianca LifeMiles)
Travel and holiday services (Avianca Tours)
Air taxi and charter services (Avianca Taxi)
|Revenue||US$ 4.3 billion (2012)|
|Profit||US$ 198.6 million (2012)|
Number of employees
Avianca El Salvador
Avianca Costa Rica
Avianca Philippines (proposed)
Avianca Holdings (formerly AviancaTaca AirHoldings Inc.) is a Latin American airline holding company formed in February 2010 by the merger of two airlines, Avianca from Colombia and TACA Airlines from El Salvador. The company is a subsidiary of Synergy Group, a South American conglomerate based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Avianca Holdings S.A. is headquartered in Bogotá, Colombia.
The company is the second largest airline holding in Latin America by revenue and fleet size after LATAM Airlines Group based in Santiago, Chile. With a fleet of 173 aircraft and more than 19,000 employees, Avianca serves over 100 destinations in America and Europe, which connect to over 750 destinations worldwide through codeshare agreements with partner airlines. Avianca carried 24,6 million passengers in 2013. The company's main competitors are LATAM Airlines Group, Gol Transportes Aéreos and Azul Brazilian Airlines.
Shareholding composition of Avianca Holding S.A. as of September 30, 2016:
- Synergy Aerospace Corp. (Efromovich Family) - 51,53%
- Avianca Holdings S.A. ADR PROGRAM - 12,56%
- Kingsland Holdings Ltd. (Kriete Family) - 14.46%
- Norges Bank - 0.65%
- Several pension funds plus numerous individual investors, mostly Colombian and others - 20,8%
- Avianca Argentina
- Avianca Cargo
- Avianca Costa Rica
- Avianca Ecuador
- Avianca El Salvador
- Avianca Honduras
- Avianca Nicaragua
- Avianca Perú
- Avianca Guatemala
- Petroleum Aviation Services (PAS)
- Sansa Airlines
- Target, a Brazilian MRO company based at São Paulo-Guarulhos International Airport in São Paulo.
- TurbServ, a Brazilian MRO company based at São Paulo-Guarulhos International Airport in São Paulo.
- fatos e números Archived April 2, 2013, at the Wayback Machine. Pagina oficial da Star Alliance, Julho 2012
- BVC: PFAVH
- "AVIANCA HOLDINGS S.A.". nasdaq.com. Retrieved 28 October 2015.
- About Avianca Holdings S.A., aviancaholdings.com, retrieved 3 October 2015
- Avianca Holdings - Corporate Presentation 2014. aviancaholdings.com. Retrieved 14 May 2015
- "Composición Accionaria Avianca Holdings S.A." (PDF).