Aviation station platforms.
|Location||11500 Aviation Boulevard|
Los Angeles, CA 90045
|Platforms||1 center platform|
|Parking||405 "park-and-ride" spaces|
|Bicycle facilities||12 bike rack spaces|
20 bike lockers
|Opened||August 12, 1995|
|Previous names||Aviation Blvd/I-105|
Aviation/LAX (formerly Aviation Blvd/I-105) station is an elevated light rail station on the Los Angeles County Metro Rail on the Green Line. It is located on Aviation Boulevard at Imperial Highway, just south of Century Freeway in El Segundo, California. A free shuttle bus connects this station to Los Angeles International Airport; however, when the Crenshaw/LAX project opens in mid-2020, this shuttle will instead serve the new Aviation/Century station, which is closer to the airport terminals. The current Aviation/LAX station will be renamed Aviation/Imperial.
|Platform||Westbound||← Green Line toward Redondo Beach (Mariposa)|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Eastbound||→ Green Line toward Norwalk (Hawthorne / Lennox) →|
|G||Exit/entrance, Ticket machines, Shuttle to LAX|
Metro Rail service
Green Line service hours are approximately from 5:00 AM until 12:45 AM daily.
Neighborhood and destinations
- Los Angeles International Airport
- The Proud Bird Restaurant
Metro local bus
- Metro Local: 120, 625
Other local and commuter bus
- LAX Shuttle: G (serves LAX Terminals 1-8 and the Bradley International Terminal via the lower level of World Way.)
- Culver City Transit: 6, Rapid 6
- Santa Monica Transit: 3, Rapid 3
- Gardena Transit: 5
- Municipal Area Express: 2, 3, 3X
- Beach Cities Transit: 109
- "Green Line station information". Archived from the original on 21 October 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-25.
- Hymon, Steve (June 18, 2018). "Report explains operating plan for Crenshaw/LAX Line and Green Line". The Source. Metro - Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Retrieved August 24, 2018.
- "Green Line timetable" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-09-25.
Media related to Aviation / LAX (Los Angeles Metro station) at Wikimedia Commons