Avicii: True Stories
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Avicii: True Stories is a 2017 documentary, directed by Levan Tsikurishvili, about the Swedish DJ and record producer Avicii, with special appearances by David Guetta, Wyclef Jean, Nile Rodgers, Tiësto and Chris Martin. Avicii: True Stories premiered on October 26, 2017 in selected cinemas worldwide and was released on Netflix in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia on 28 December 2018.
Avicii: True Stories is Tim Bergling’s own story, told from the inside and made from his extensive personal and family archive and behind-the-scenes footage. The director, Levan Tsikurishvili, followed Bergling for over four years while capturing footage of his experiences and thinking.
- Robyn - Hang With Me (Avicii remix)
- Avicii - Levels
- Armin Van Buren - Drowning (Avicii remix)
- Rick Ross - Hustlin
- Avicii - Wake Me Up
- Coldplay - A Sky Full of Stars
- Avicii - Sunset Jesus
- Avicii/Sandro Cavazza - Lord
- Avicii/Sandro Cavazza - Without You
- Avicii - Ten More Days
- Avicii - Feeling Good
Director Levan Tsikurishvili quoted on his documentary:
“The documentary gives a very close explanation of how he felt. I’m happy and thankful that we were able to put so many of his years on film, to show others how he really was. As a collaborator, and a film-maker, that’s what I can do for him. I wanted to do a brutally honest film about Tim as a person and not only about Avicii. Everybody knows Avicii but very few people know Tim. I think this documentary really shows Tim’s struggle and strength of character. Being a worldwide superstar artist is not as easy as it looks on Instagram."— Levan Tsikurishvili, director
Avicii: True Stories debuted in select theatres worldwide on 26 October 2017. The documentary was released on Netflix on 28 December, 2018, in the United States of America, the United Kingdom, and Australia.
The film grossed $3,878 in the worldwide box office.
|All Time International Box Office (Rank 16,201-16,300)||16,229||$3,878|
|All Time Worldwide Box Office (Rank 25,301-25,400)||25,312||$3,878|
Rotten Tomatoes reported an approval rating of 83%, based on six reviews. Film Threat has reviewed Avicii: True Stories, stating that it was "well worth viewing; a portrait of an incredibly talented artist who “captured lightning in a bottle “ time and again during his tragically short life." A reviewer with the Los Angeles Times was more critical, stating that "There’s a sense of dread as the film wraps up, knowing where the real-life story ended, and it’s increasingly out of step with the rosy picture painted by Tsikurishvili. Is he compelled to update the film or leave us with an image of Bergling in his freest moment? Ultimately, it feels like only part of the story, and therefore not entirely true."
Awards and nominations
Avicii: True Stories qualified for Oscar consideration in November 1, 2018.
- Avicii: True Stories, retrieved 2019-06-24
- "Avicii | True Stories | Official Movie Site". aviciitruestories.com. Retrieved 2019-06-28.
- Avicii: True Stories, retrieved 2019-07-01
- "Avicii: True Stories - film i njegov posljednji nastup na Ibizi 2016.god". Večernji list (in Croatian). 24 November 2017. Retrieved 22 April 2018.
- Fleisher, Grace (6 November 2017). "'Avicii: True Stories' documentary is coming to Netflix". Dancing Astronaut. Retrieved 22 April 2018.
- "Documentary Filmed Before Avicii's Death Is Coming to Netflix". The Mighty. Retrieved 2019-07-01.
- "Avicii: True Stories (2017) - Financial Information". The Numbers. Retrieved 2019-07-01.
- Avicii: True Stories (2017), retrieved 2019-07-01
- SPEISER, JOSHUA (January 9, 2019). "AVICII: TRUE STORIES (review)". Film Threat.
- Walsh, Katie (December 13, 2018). "Reviews: The tragedy of 'Avicii,' Linda Thorson and Stuart Margolin enliven 'The Second Time Around' and other films". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2019-07-01.
- karsoowuttt (2018-11-01). "Netflix Avicii Documentary 'True Stories' Qualifies for Oscars Consideration [Details]". Your EDM. Retrieved 2019-07-01.
|This article about a music-related documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|