Avicii: True Stories
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Avicii: True Stories is a documentary directed by Levan Tsikurishvili about the DJ and record producer Avicii, with special appearances by David Guetta, Wyclef Jean, Nile Rodgers, Tiësto and Chris Martin. The film was released worldwide on October 26, 2017.
I wanted to do a brutally honest film about Tim as a person and not only about Avicii. Everybody knows Avicii but very few people know Tim. I think this documentary really shows Tim’s struggle and strength of character. Being a worldwide superstar artist is not as easy as it looks on Instagram.— Director Levan Tsikurishvili
Avicii: True Stories was released on October 26, 2017 in Lithuania, Netherlands and Sweden, on November 9, 2017 in Finland, and November 20, 2017 in France. The documentary was released on Netflix on 31 March 2018 in Western Europe. Media outlets erroneously reported that Netflix had removed the documentary in the UK and the US from its library following Avicii's death on April 20, 2018, despite not receiving an official release in any capacity in those regions.
- "Avicii Releases Documentary AVICII: TRUE STORIES in Select Theaters, Today". Broadway World. 26 October 2017. Retrieved 22 April 2018.
- "Avicii: True Stories". entertainment.ie. Retrieved April 22, 2018.
- "Filmrecension: "Avicii" på gränsen till nervsammanbrott". Dagens Nyheter (in Swedish). October 20, 2017. Retrieved April 22, 2018.
- "Avicii: True Stories - film i njegov posljednji nastup na Ibizi 2016.god". Večernji list (in Croatian). 24 November 2017. Retrieved 22 April 2018.
- Fleisher, Grace (6 November 2017). "'Avicii: True Stories' documentary is coming to Netflix". Dancing Astronaut. Retrieved 22 April 2018.
|This article about a music-related documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|