|Successor||Airdale Sportplane and Supply|
|Headquarters||Caldwell, Idaho, later Ennis, Montana|
|Founder Dean Wilson
Last CEO Jim Tomash
Number of employees
The company produced a full line of high-wing light aircraft kits before going bankrupt in 1998. Acquired by Jim Tomash, the company was moved into a 61000 ft² (5667 m²) converted greenhouse that included 21000 ft² (1951 m²) of cement flooring, in Ennis, Montana. Production of kits was re-established in the new facility. The factory also served as a customer build centre where customers who purchased Avid kits could complete their aircraft.
The company closed its doors in November 2003, at the time indicating that the owners were looking to move to a more populated area of the USA.
|Model name||First flight||Number built||Type|
|Amphibian and Catalina||1986||100 (2001)||Three-seat high wing amphibious flying boat|
|Flyer||1983||Two-seat high-wing monoplane|
|Bandit||200 (2001)||Two-seat high-wing monoplane|
|Mark IV||550 (2001)||Two-seat high-wing monoplane|
|Magnum||100 (2001)||Two-seat high-wing monoplane|
|Champion||1998||2 (2001)||Single seat ultralight aircraft|
- Cliche, Andre: Ultralight Aircraft Shopper's Guide 8th Edition, page B-12. Cybair Limited Publishing, 2001. ISBN 0-9680628-1-4
- Downey, Julia: 1999 Kit Aircraft Directory, Kitplanes, Volume 15, Number 12, December 1998, page 38. Primedia Publications. ISSN 0891-1851
- Bethea, Jim (2007). "Avid Aviates Again". Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- Niles, Russ (November 2003). "On the Fly". Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- Louis, Chester (2007). "What's an Avid?". Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- Armstrong, Kenneth: Choosing Your Homebuilt - the one you will finish and fly! Second Edition, page 133-140. Butterfield Press, 1993. ISBN 0-932579-26-4
- Airdale (n.d.). "Magnum". Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- Airdale (n.d.). "Airdale Flyer". Retrieved 2009-09-26.
- Downey, Julia: 2008 Kit Aircraft Directory, Kitplanes, Volume 24, Number 12, December 2007, page 38. Primedia Publications. ISSN 0891-1851
- Downey, Julia: 2002 Kit Aircraft Directory, Kitplanes, Volume 18, Number 12, December 2001, page 23-24. Primedia Publications. ISSN 0891-1851
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Avid Aircraft.|