|Daniel J. Schwinn (President and CEO)|
Avidyne Corporation is an avionics company based in Lincoln, Massachusetts. Avidyne is developer of Integrated Avionics Systems, multi-function displays, and traffic advisory systems for light general aviation (GA) aircraft. Headquartered in Lincoln, MA, the company has facilities in Columbus, OH, Melbourne, FL, and Boulder, CO.
President and CEO Daniel J. Schwinn founded Avidyne in 1994. Avidyne pioneered the standalone MFD market when they certified their first Flight Situation Display system in 1997. Avidyne’s FlightMax Entegra line was released in 2003—the first big-glass flight deck system for light general aviation aircraft. On November 3, 2005, Avidyne Corporation and Ryan International Company announced a merger of the two companies. Ryan International was founded in 1981 by CEO Paul Ryan, inventor of the Stormscope weather system.
Avidyne was recognized as Avionics Magazine's "Small Manufacturer of the Year" and was inducted into the Avionics Magazine Hall of Fame in 1999. Avidyne received the NASA 2001 Commitment to Excellence Award for their work on the AGATE HITS program for their work on “Highway in the Sky” (HITS) display technology, as part of NASA’s AGATE (Advanced General Aviation Transport Experiments) Alliance. Avidyne successfully demonstrated HITS technology at EAA AirVenture 2001 in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
- Entegra & Entegra Release 9 Integrated Flight Deck Systems
- IFD540 FMS/GPS/NAV/COM
- IFD440 FMS/GPS/NAV/COM
- AMX240 Audio Panel
- AXP340 Mode S Transponder w/ADS-B OUT
- AXP322 Mode S Remote Transponder w/ADS-B OUT
- EX600 MultiFunction Display (MFD)
- MLB100 ADS-B IN Receiver
- MLX200 ADS-B IN and OUT Transceiver
- MLX210 ADS-B IN and OUT Transceiver w/WAAS GPS Source
- MLB700 Broadcast Datalink Receiver
- MLX770 Two-Way Datalink Transceiver
- TWX670 Color Tactical Lightning Detection System
- CMax Electronic Approach Charts & Airport Diagrams
- TAS600 Series Traffic Advisory Systems
- DFC 90 Autopilot
- "Aero-News.net article regarding Entegra". Aero-News.net. 2002-07-21. Retrieved 2007-10-12.
- "Avidyne and Ryan Complete Merger". ainonline.com. Retrieved 2007-10-16.
- Stormscope#Aviation use
- "Business Wire.". wikipedia.org. Retrieved 2007-10-16.
- "NASA awards prestigious 'highway in the sky' contract to Avidyne, Avrotec, Lancair and Raytheon.". wikipedia.org. Retrieved 2007-10-16.[dead link]
- "Airplane Makes Successful HITS Flight." (PDF). wikipedia.org. Retrieved 2007-10-16.
- "Avidyne Receives NASA Commitment to Excellence Award.". wikipedia.org. Retrieved 2007-10-16.
- "Avidyne's IFD540 GPS now FAA Approved". Airventure Today. 27 June 2014.
|This aeronautical company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Massachusetts-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|