Avadis "Avie" Tevanian is an American computer scientist. He was senior vice president of software engineering at Apple from 1997 to 2003, and then chief software technology officer from 2003 to 2006. He was a long-standing friend of Steve Jobs.
Tevanian is from Westbrook, Maine. He has a B.A. in mathematics from the University of Rochester, and M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in computer science from Carnegie Mellon University. In United States v. Microsoft, he was a witness for the United States Department of Justice, testifying against Microsoft.
Tevanian left Apple on March 31, 2006, and joined the board of Dolby Labs. In May 2006, he joined the board of Tellme Networks, which was later sold to Microsoft. On January 12, 2010, he became managing director of Elevation Partners. In July 2015 he co-founded NextEquity Partners and is currently serving as Managing Director.
- "Avie Tevanian Named Chief Software Technology Officer of Apple". University of Rochester. Retrieved 2012-11-05.
- "Was Steve Jobs' genius also a fatal flaw?". BBC News. Retrieved 2016-02-05.
- "Mac Missiles! (Avadis Tevanian 1984)". Retrieved 2014-01-07.
- Mezoian, Anthony (2006). "A Brief History of Portland's Armenian Settlement". Armenian Cultural Association of Maine History. Armenians of Maine. Archived from the original on 2008-10-03. Retrieved 2007-02-15.
- "Polishing Apple". Rochester Review V60 N2. University of Rochester. 1997. Archived from the original on 2 May 2007. Retrieved 2007-04-25.
- Heilemann, John (November 2000). "The Truth, The Whole Truth, and Nothing But The Truth". Wired. Condé Nast Publications. Archived from the original on 10 October 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-05.
- Saracevic, Alan (2006-03-27). "Adios Avie". The Tech Chronicles. SFGate. Retrieved 2006-11-19.
- Fried, Ina (2006-05-07). "Former Apple exec joins Tellme board". CNet. Retrieved 2006-11-19.
- "Leadership Team". Tellme Networks, Inc. Archived from the original on 14 November 2006. Retrieved 2006-11-19.
- Partners, Elevation (2010-01-12). "Former Apple Software Chief Avie Tevanian Joins Elevation Partners as Managing Director". Elevation Partners. PR Wire. Archived from the original on 15 January 2010. Retrieved 2010-01-12.
- "Former Apple execs Fred Anderson, Avie Tevanian raise NeXT-themed venture capital fund". AppleInsider. Retrieved 2017-04-28.
|This biographical article relating to a computer specialist in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|