|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Sharjah International Airport
|Key people||Simon Clarke (chief operating officer)|
Avient Aviation was an international cargo airline with its head office in Harare, Zimbabwe and its commercial center in the United Kingdom. The company was established in 1993 and offered scheduled and chartered flights to Africa, South America, Middle East and Far East and the Caspian region. Avient Limited was placed into administration on 5 April 2013, with flight operations taken over by AV Cargo Airlines Limited.
The company Avient Aviation had its head office in Harare, Zimbabwe. It had its Continental Europe office on the property of Liège Airport in Grâce-Hollogne, Belgium. It had its United Kingdom office in Global House, Manor Court in Manor Royal, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 9PY. Its sales office is located in the United Kingdom office.
- Burkina Faso
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Republic of the Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- Sierra Leone
- South Sudan
- United Arab Emirates
- Hong Kong
As of December 2010, the Avient Aviation fleet consisted of the following aircraft with an average age of 29.7 years: Both aircraft are grounded, currently at LGG airport, Belgium 
|McDonnell Douglas DC-10||1|
|McDonnell Douglas MD-11 (leased)||3|
As of 2013, the DC-10 has been sold, and one MD-11 (Reg.: Z-BVT / CN: 48410) is grounded in Zurich since March 2013 (as at 29 April 2014).
Accidents and incidents
On 28 November 2009, an Avient Aviation McDonnell Douglas MD-11F crashed during its take-off roll at Shanghai Pudong International Airport, resulting the death of three persons on board and the aircraft being written off.
In April 2013, AV Cargo Airlines Limited took over the business of Avient Ltd. after Avient Limited was placed into administration, following crippling losses, estimated to a £20m debt and more than 200 creditors. Avient SA, the Belgian branch, has been closed.
James Tickell and Carl Faulds at Hampshire, Dorset and London based 'Portland Business & Financial Solutions' were appointed joint administrators.
- "Welcome". Avient Aviation. Archived from the original on 28 September 2011. Retrieved 8 August 2011. "With head office in Harare, Zimbabwe, Avient has two further offices; one in continental Europe and the other in the United Kingdom."
- "Contact Us". Avient Aviation. Archived from the original on 28 September 2011. Retrieved 8 August 2011. "UNITED KINGDOM Global House, Manor Court, Manor Royal, Crawley, West Sussex RH10 9PY United Kingdom" and "BELGIUM Liege Airport, Cargo Nord, Rue Saint Exupery 22, B-4460, Grace Hollogne, Belgium" and "ZIMBABWE 191 Enterprise Road, Cnr. Drew Road, Chisipite, Harare, Zimbabwe"
- "Schedule EX Europe plus Feeder Services" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 July 2012.
- "Schedule EX The Middle East plus Feeder Services" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 July 2012.
- Avient Aviation fleet list at planespotters.net
- "Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. Archived from the original on 1 December 2009. Retrieved 28 November 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Avient Aviation.|