Avigdor Victor Levontin (born in Tel Aviv in 1922) is an Israeli and was the Editor in Chief of The Israel Law Review when it was established in January 1966. He was a member of the National Academy of Sciences, and an expert in international law.
Education and career
Levontin received a Doctor of Juridical Science (Ph. D.) degree from Harvard University. He served as Dean of the Faculty of Law at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, and was described by Life magazine as a "prominent" professor. He also served on Israel's delegation at the United Nations.
- Choice of law and conflict of laws, Avigdor Victor Levontin, Brill Archive, ISBN 90-286-0026-4, 1976
- The myth of international security : a juridical and critical analysis, Avigdor Victor Levontin, Magnes Press, 1957
- Mishpat benleʼumi peraṭi u-vendati, Avigdor Levontin, Mifʻal ha-shikhpul, Histadrut ha-sṭudenṭim shel ha-Universiṭah ha-ʻIvrit, 1957
- "Jewish and Democratic – Personal Reflections", Avigdor Levontin, 19 Tel Aviv University Law Review 521, 1994–95
- "Welcome to ActivePaper". Digitalnewspapers.libraries.psu.edu. October 26, 1966. Retrieved June 26, 2010.
- "A.V. Levontin". nias. Retrieved June 28, 2010.
- Jerusalem syndrome: the Palestinian ... – Google Books. Books.google.com. Retrieved June 28, 2010.
- "Welcome to ActivePaper". Digitalnewspapers.libraries.psu.edu. October 26, 1966. Retrieved June 28, 2010.
- LIFE – Google Books. Books.google.com. February 6, 1970. Retrieved June 28, 2010.
- With my own eyes: the autobiography ... – Google Books. Books.google.com. Retrieved June 28, 2010.