This article has an unclear citation style.Learn how and when to remove this template message)(February 2018) (
|Motto||Seek and you shall find|
|Chancellor||P. R. Krishna Kumar|
|Location||Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India, India|
Avinashilingam University is a women's Deemed University in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India. It was started in 1957 by the Avinashilingam Education Trust founded by T. S. Avinashilingam Chettiar as Avinashilingam Home Science College for Women which later grow into a university.
Avinashilingam University was a part of University of Madras until it was separated in June 1987. It is now the largest institution in the country for imparting home science education.
Since 1989 the university has offered two majors and two ancillaries for the undergraduate degree courses. The academic year is divided into two semesters, each semester having a minimum of 100 working days.
The institute has seven faculties, each functioning under a dean.
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Science
- Faculty of Home Science
- Faculty of Arts & Humanities
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Management Studies
- Faculty of Community Education and Entrepreneurship Development
- Faculty of Engineering
- "Tender Notice: Avinashilingam University for Women Seeks Powder X-Ray Fiffractometer (India)". US Fed News Service, Including US State News – via HighBeam (subscription required). 20 April 2010. Retrieved 6 October 2015.
- "Avinashilingam University installs solar power grid". The Hindu. 5 April 2015. Retrieved 6 November 2015.
- "Avinashilingam University celebrates Kalai Vizha". Adarsh Jain. The Times of India. 11 October 2014. Retrieved 6 November 2015.
- "Avinashilingam University". 4icu.org. Retrieved 6 November 2015.
- "Disabled get tech help at Avinashilingam". The Times of India. 19 December 2014. Retrieved 6 November 2015.
- "Indian conference scheduled for July". Nonwovens Industry – via HighBeam (subscription required). 1 May 2008. Retrieved 6 October 2015.
- Ameeta Gupta; Ashish Kumar (1 January 2006). Handbook of Universities. Atlantic Publishers & Dist. pp. 64–. ISBN 978-81-269-0607-9. Retrieved 6 November 2015.