Avinger Independent School District
|Avinger Independent School District|
|245 Connor St.
ESC Region 8
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||18.47 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||6.98 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 1A Basketball Division II|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Recognized |
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $51,670,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.117 and the bond tax rate was $0.011 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Thirty-five percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Recognized
- 2007: Recognized
- 2006: Recognized
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
Avinger High School participates in the boys sports of basketball and wrestling. The school participates in the girls sport of basketball. For the 2012 through 2014 school years, Avinger High School will play basketball in UIL Class 1A Division II.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Avinger ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "Avinger High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|