Avis Budget Group
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2015)|
|Traded as||NASDAQ: CAR
Dow Jones Transportation Average Component
|Industry||Rental & leasing services|
|Headquarters||Parsippany, New Jersey, United States|
|Ronald L. Nelson
(Chairman, and CEO)
Number of employees
Avis Budget Group, Inc. is the parent company of Avis Car Rental, Budget Car Rental, Budget Truck Rental, Payless Car Rental, Apex Car Rentals, Maggiore Group and Zipcar. The company's headquarters are located in Parsippany-Troy Hills, New Jersey, United States.
As of 2011,[dated info] Avis Budget is the leading general-use vehicle rental company in North America, Australia and New Zealand. In 2015, Boeing recognized Avis Budget as the “Supplier of the Year”.
|This section requires expansion. (May 2011)|
Following the decision to dissolve the Cendant company name and split into four separate companies, the vehicle rental division of Cendant became Avis Budget Group in 2006. At the end of 2008, Avis Budget became the first vehicle rental company to begin deployment RFID transponders in their fleet using a product from TransCore which includes an active RFID tag that can work with nearly all electronic toll collections systems in the United States, including E-ZPass in the Northeast, TxTag (Texas) and SunPass (Florida).
On 14 March 2013 Avis Budget Group purchased Zipcar for about US$500 million in cash. Zipcar now operates as a subsidiary of Avis Budget Group. Scott Griffith, who had run the company for the previous 10 years, resigned the day after the acquisition closed, and passed the reins to a new company President, Mark Norman.
- Avis Budget Group. "Avis Budget - Management". avisbudgetgroup.com.
- "Avis Budget Group Reports Record Fourth Quarter 2014 Results". avisbudgetgroup.com.
- "Avis Car Rental and Budget Car Rental Recognized Among Top 50 'Green' Brands". avisbudgetgroup.com.
- "Avis Budget Group Announces Agreement to Acquire Apex Car Rentals of New Zealand". avisbudgetgroup.com.
- "Avis Budget Group Completes Acquisition of Maggiore Group". avisbudgetgroup.com.
- "Avis Budget to buy Zipcar for $500 mln". Reuters. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- "Avis Beats on Better Travel Trends". Zacks Investment Research. May 4, 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- "BOEING GIVES SUPPLIER OF THE YEAR AWARD TO AVIS BUDGET GROUP". Car Rental News. Retrieved 2015-05-11.
- "Cendant to become Avis Budget". Pacific Business News. August 29, 2006. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- "Avis Budget Group Plans to Put Interoperable Toll Transponders on the Road". RFID Journal. December 23, 2008. Retrieved 2011-05-14.
- Rebecca Greenfield (2013-03-15). "Uh Oh, ZipCar's CEO Stepped Down Right After Its Merger with Avis". theatlanticwire.com.
- Emily Bader (9 April 2015). "Avis completes $160M acquisition of Italian vehicle rental business". NJBIZ.
|This article about a corporation in the service industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|