|Type of business||Private company|
Type of site
|Founder(s)||Jonas Nordlanderr and Filip Engelbert|
|Key people||Vladimir Pravdivy (CEO)|
|Services||E-commerce, web communications|
|Alexa rank||154 (December 2016[update])|
Avito.ru is the most popular classifieds site in Russia and is the second biggest classifieds site in the world after Craigslist . In January 2019, it had more than 10.3 million unique daily visitors. On average, Avit's users post more than 500,000 new ads daily and the overall ads are about 50 million active listings.
Avito.ru was founded in 2007 in Moscow. In 2010, Avito.ru collected a large amount of capital from venture capitalist Northzone. In 2012, Avito launched in Egypt and Morocco, where in a few months became those countries´ biggest classified ads site. In 2013, Avito.ru merged with its Russians competitors Slando.ru and OLX.ru to become the Russian market leader for classified ads, and was later purchased by Naspers for $1.2 billion. In December 2013, Avito.ru had around 23.9 million users.
- "Avito.ru Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved December 28, 2016.
- Shu, Catherine. "Russia's Avito Becomes World's 3rd Biggest Classifieds Site After $570M Deal With Naspers".
- "Naspers Steps up Investment in Avito - Business Wire".
- "Naspers takes full control of Russian classifieds site Avito in $1.16B deal". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2019-01-31.
- "20 самых дорогих компаний Рунета: рейтинг Forbes". www.forbes.ru. Retrieved 2018-02-14.
- "This Craigslist Copycat Gets a Lift From Russia's Recession". 15 March 2016 – via www.bloomberg.com.
- "Russian website Avito seen doubling revenues". 22 April 2017 – via Reuters.
- "Naspers takes full control of Russian classifieds site Avito in $1.16B deal". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2019-01-29.