|Administrative region||Central Greece|
|• Municipal unit||143.4 km2 (55.4 sq mi)|
|• Municipal unit||4,498|
|• Municipal unit density||31/km2 (81/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
Avlon or Avlonas (Greek: Αυλών/Αυλώνας) is a former municipality in Euboea, Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality Kymi-Aliveri, of which it is a municipal unit. The municipal unit has an area of 143.406 km2. In 2011 its population was 4,498. The seat of the municipality was in Avlonari.
The municipal unit Avlon is subdivided into the following communities (constituent villages in brackets):
- Achladeri (Achladeri, Kalamos, Korasida, Perivolia, Sykies)
- Agios Georgios
- Avlonari (Avlonari, Chania, Dafni, Elaia, Lofiskos)
- Oktonia (Oktonia, Agios Merkourios, Mourteri)
- Orio (Orio, Myrtea)
- Orologi (Orologi, Agia Thekla, Prinaki)
- "Απογραφή Πληθυσμού - Κατοικιών 2011. ΜΟΝΙΜΟΣ Πληθυσμός" (in Greek). Hellenic Statistical Authority.
- Kallikratis law Greece Ministry of Interior (in Greek)
- "Population & housing census 2001 (incl. area and average elevation)" (PDF) (in Greek). National Statistical Service of Greece. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2015-09-21.
|This Central Greece location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|