Avni Mula (born 1928) is a famous Albanian singer, composer and musician. For his contribution, he has received some of the highest recognition medals from the Albanian government, the People's Artist of Albania decoration and the Honor of the Nation (Albanian: Nderi i Kombit) decoration.
His family moved from Gjakova, Kosova to Shkodër, Albania when he was young and after World War II he moved to Tirana, Albania. He studied in Tchaikovsky Conservatory and graduated in 1957 as a lyric singer. Mula currently lives in Tirana, Albania. He is father of the famous Albanian international soprano, Inva Mula.
Mula was part of the National Troupe of Songs and Dances Albanian: Ansambli i Kenges dhe Valleve and the Troupe of the Army Albanian: Ansambli i Ushtrise. In addition he has won many prizes over his career as a composer and singer in the Albanian Festival of Song which is held every year in Tirana. Mula is a baritone.
Avni Mula has composed many songs. Some of the most famous are:
- Nënë Moj Do Pres Gërshetin (English: Mother, I'll cut off my Braid), which won first prize in the Festival of 1976 and was interpreted by Vaçe Zela.
- Këngët e atdheut tim (English: Songs of my country),
- Valsi i Lumturisë (English: The Waltz of Happiness).
- Një Djep Në Barrikadë (English: A Cradle on the Barricade), sung by Marina Grabovari: The song won first prize in the Festival of 1982.
Avni Mula has received some of the highest recognition medals from the Albanian government, the People's Artist of Albania decoration and the Honor of the Nation (Albanian: Nderi i Kombit) decoration.
Notes and references
|a.||^ Kosovo is the subject of a territorial dispute between the Republic of Kosovo and the Republic of Serbia. The Republic of Kosovo unilaterally declared independence on 17 February 2008, but Serbia continues to claim it as part of its own sovereign territory. The two governments began to normalise relations in 2013, as part of the Brussels Agreement. Kosovo has received formal recognition as an independent state from 111 out of 193 United Nations member states.|
- "IMDB". Retrieved 2010-01-06.
- "Avni Mula - from the diary of the composer (in albanian "Avni Mula - Nga ditari i Kompozitorit")" (in Albanian). Retrieved 2010-01-06.
- Prifti, Peter (1978). Socialist Albania since 1944 : domestic and foreign developments, part of Series on Studies in communism, revisionism, and revolution, Volume 23. ZBW - German National Library of Economics, Leibniz Information Centre for Economics: MIT Press and Cambridge, Mass. p. 176. Retrieved 2010-06-19.
- "Avni Mula: "Jetën time do ta mbyll me dashurinë për operën"" [Avni Mula: "I will end my life with the love of opera"] (in Albanian). parajsa.com. 2008-02-26. Archived from the original on 2011-07-15.
- on YouTube
- on YouTube
- on YouTube
- on YouTube
- International Association of Music Libraries. United Kingdom Branch (1995). Brio. 32-34 https://books.google.com/books?id=ny5LAAAAYAAJ&q=avni+mula&dq=avni+mula&hl=en&ei=svjNS74cwf3wBtbisYsB&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=book-thumbnail&resnum=4&ved=0CEcQ6wEwAw. Retrieved 2010-06-19. Missing or empty
- CITWF. "Avni Mula". Archived from the original on 29 September 2012. Retrieved 5 October 2010.
- Prifti, Peter (1978). Socialist Albania since 1944 : domestic and foreign developments, part of Series on Studies in communism, revisionism, and revolution, Volume 23. ZBW - German National Library of Economics, Leibniz Information Centre for Economics: MIT Press and Cambridge, Mass. p. 127. Retrieved 2010-06-19.
- "President Topi bestows the Honor of the Nation Order upon the well known singer and composer Avni Mula". Republic of Albania President's official website.