Avon Grove High School
|Avon Grove High School|
257 State Road
|Motto||In Pursuit of Excellence|
|School district||Avon Grove School District|
|School color(s)||Maroon and gold|
|Rival||Oxford High School|
|Newspaper||The Devil's Herald|
Avon Grove High School enrolls about 1,850+ students in grades 9-12. It is neighbored by Fred S. Engle Middle School, which houses grades 7 and 8.
The high school offers a Dual Enrollment program. This state program permits high school students to take courses at local higher education institutions to earn college credits. Students remain enrolled at their high school. The courses count towards both high school graduation requirements and towards a college degree. The students continue to have full access to all clubs, activities, and programs at their high school including the graduation ceremony. The college credits are offered at a deeply discounted rate. The state offers a small grant to assist students in costs for tuition, fees, and books. Under the Pennsylvania Transfer and Articulation Agreement, many Pennsylvania colleges and universities accept these credits for students who transfer to their institutions.
For the 2009-10 funding year, the school district received a state grant of $3,976 for the program.
The Avon Grove School District offers clubs, activities and sports. Eligibility for participation is set by school board policy and the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association.
- "Avon Grove HS". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved January 27, 2019.
- "YouTube". www.youtube.com. Retrieved 7 November 2018.
- Pennsylvania Department of Education - Dual Enrollment Guidelines.
- Pennsylvania Transfer and Articulation Agreement website accessed March 2010.
- Pennsylvania Department of Education Dual Enrollment Fall Grants 2009-10. August 2009
- "WCU's Wendle One of Area's Best". cbslocal.com. 18 April 2012. Retrieved 7 November 2018.