Avon Lake High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Avon Lake High School|
|175 Avon Belden Road
Avon Lake, Ohio 44012
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|School district||Avon Lake City Schools|
|Principal||Dr. Brad Cocco|
|Student to teacher ratio||17.42|
|Color(s)||Maroon and Gold|
|Athletics conference||Southwestern Conference|
|Sports||Football, Soccer, Basketball, Tennis, Swimming, Diving, Track, Cross Country, Baseball, Softball, Ice Hockey, Rugby, Lacrosse, Golf, Bowling, Volleyball, Wrestling, Curling|
|Rivals||Amherst High School and Avon High School|
|National ranking||170 (Newsweek)|
|Website||Avon Lake High School|
ALHS achieved "excellent" ratings on the Ohio State Report Card every year from 2003 to 2012. Reflecting the new statewide scoring, ALHS has consistently earned "A" grades for achievement (performance index and indicators met) and graduation rate since 2013. As of 2016, ALHS is ranked 261st by Newsweek Magazine and 561st by U.S. News & World Report. Avon Lake High School was ranked 170th in the nation by Newsweek Magazine in 2015.  In 2011, Avon Lake City Schools were also recognized by WorkplaceDynamics and the Cleveland Plain Dealer as the 8th best "Northeast Ohio Top Workplaces" in the large companies category (companies with 500 or more local employees).
Avon Lake has been part of the Southwestern Conference (SWC) since 1964.
- Larry Cox, Former Executive Director of Amnesty International
- Carmella DeCesare, Playboy Playmate
- Angela Funovits, Mentalist/Illusionist
- Dick Tomanek, Major League Baseball pitcher.
- Jeremy Griffiths, Major League Baseball pitcher.
- Andrew Schillinger, former National Football League Wide Receiver for the Phoenix Cardinals.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Avon Lake High School". ed.gov. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Archived from the original on 2014-04-29. Retrieved 2014-04-28.
- "National Rankings: Best High Schools". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved 29 April 2014.[permanent dead link]
- Walker, Milburn (1965). The Avon Lake Story (Booklet). Avon Lake, Ohio: Kiwanis Club of Avon Lake, Ohio. p. 14.
- "Ohio High Schools Rankings". U.S. News & World Report. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- Avon Lake High School: 2012-2013 School Year Report Card
- 2013-2014 Report Card for Avon Lake High School
- America's Top High Schools: 2014
- "Avon Lake High School in AVON LAKE, OH - Best High Schools - US News". usnews.com. Retrieved 28 February 2015.
- "America's Top High Schools 2015". Newsweek. Newsweek LLC. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- WorkplaceDynamics: Northeast Ohio Top Workplaces 2011: Large Company Category
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Archived from the original on 31 December 2006. Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Football". Archived from the original on 13 January 2007. Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- Amnesty International
- Carmella DeCesare - Biography
- "Angela Funovits - Biography - All About Magicians.com". All About Magicians. Retrieved 28 February 2015.