|Part of a series on|
|Jews and Judaism|
Avraham Ben-Raḥamiël Qanaï (אברהם בן-רחמיאל קנאי) is the leader of the Congregation Oraḥ Ṣaddiqim in Albany, New York, and a proponent of Karaite Judaism in the United States. He is considered a Ḥakham in the Karaite Jewish community.
Qanaï practiced naturopathy in Troy, New York. He was, from 2005 until 2010, branch secretary of the James Connolly Upstate New York Regional GMB, Industrial Workers of the World of Albany, New York.
His father was named Raḥamiël Ben-Yosef Bölekçan. He is a co-author of the book An Introduction to Karaite Judaism: History, Theology, Practice and Custom, which discusses historical and modern Karaite Judaism., as well as editor of numerous Karaite texts published by al-Qirqisani Center for the Promotion of Karaite Studies (http://www.karaitejudaism.com/books/publications.shtml), and translator of numerous Karaite texts, including the Karaite Haggadah, © 2000 & 2003 (ISBN 0-9700775-3-X (pbk.)), The Abbreviated Shabbat Prayer-book According to the Custom of the Karaite Jews (July 2001), and research papers, including A Hebrew Poem by Hakham Shabetai Ben Mordekhai Tiro and Crimean Karaite Jewish Identity in the 20th Century (published in Eastern European Karaites in the Last Generations, ed. D. Y Shapira and Daniel J. Lasker (copyright Jerusalem 2011, Ben-Zvi Institute for Study of Jewish Communities in the East of Yad Ben-Zvi and the Hebrew University of Jerusalem) ISBN 978-965-235-156-2.
- "Congregation Orah Saddiqim". ABC-Directory.Com. Archived from the original on October 26, 2010. Retrieved 2010-01-03.
- Stephen Barrett, M.D. "The National Academy of Research Biochemists". Quackwatch. Retrieved January 3, 2010.
- "The James Connolly Upstate New York Regional General Membership Branch of the INDUSTRIAL WORKERS of the WORLD". The James Connolly Upstate New York Regional General Membership Branch Industrial Workers of the World. Archived from the original on December 5, 2009. Retrieved January 3, 2010.
- "Raḥamiël Ben-Yosef Bölekçan, father of Ḥakham Avraham Ben-Raḥamiël Qanaï, passed away on Wednesday, 22 August 2007". Karaite Jewish Congregation Oraḥ Ṣaddiqim. Retrieved January 3, 2010.
- An Introduction to Karaite Judaism: History, Theology, Practice, and Culture (Hardcover). Qirqisani Center. January 30, 2003. ISBN 0-9700775-4-8.
The first introduction to Karaite history, practice, thought, and custom in the English language